Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Excited & nervous

Tomorrow afternoon, I actually get a chance to run off a batch of checks! I'm gonna have about 5 people looking over my shoulder to make sure I don't screw anything up (lady training me, my manager, her manager, the IT guy, etc., etc.)

I honestly think that my boss (Teresa) is underestimating me. After my trainer went home (she comes in at 7 & leaves at 4), Teresa sat me down & wanted to make sure that I wasn't being overwhelmed with how quickly things are going. I wanted to say that I had suggested me pushing buttons today but my trainer had told me to wait!
What do you work in AP? or a bank??
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
What do you work in AP? or a bank??
I work for an international insurance corporation.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Unhappy

I feel frustrated at not being able to find another job because it feels like im getting old, wasting my life, not able to do the things I want to do, not having enough money, living in a shytehole...and I cant seem to get out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ujCwMA3w1k
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I feel frustrated at not being able to find another job because it feels like im getting old, wasting my life, not able to do the things I want to do, not having enough money, living in a shytehole...and I cant seem to get out

Can you take some classes to get a degree in something you're interested in? That's my goal for next year, to go back to college and get my masters in health care administration.

~Amy
Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:

One of the messages we heard at this retreat I recently went to was:

"In God's time, not our own"

I know it's hard "waiting" for things to change for the better in our lives (believe me I know ), but it will happen for you. Keep the faith.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Can you take some classes to get a degree in something you're interested in? That's my goal for next year, to go back to college and get my masters in health care administration.

~Amy
Going back to University would be extremely expensive, i'd have to do a strictly vocational course of which I wouldnt know which to do, and then there would be no guarentee of a job at the end

I've thought of doing night classes and the likes, because they cost less, take longer, and you can still work...but I wouldnt know what I wanted to do...it kinda needs to be a profession coz ive already been through this academic process once...I'm a Graduate...not though you'd know from my Eight years since
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM

I woke up in a bear of a mood this morning. I'm not exactly a morning person anyway so when this happens, yeah, I'm not exactly miss sunshine to be around. Still trying to shake it off and it's afternoon. I had to take some Benadryl last night and I think this is the culprit. Yeah, I'm going with that. It's the drugs.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
One of the messages we heard at this retreat I recently went to was:

"In God's time, not our own"

I know it's hard "waiting" for things to change for the better in our lives (believe me I know ), but it will happen for you. Keep the faith.
I just hate having to live like this, and feel like I serve zero purpose and will be trapped in this position for decades...its happened to a lot of people I know and work with.

Secondly...I fear that GOD might not want to move me anywhere...perhaps he wants me to do nothing particularly worthwhile, or worse, he's trying to tell me I cant do anything more worthwhile

I feel like a dissapointment in so many ways, to so many people, and I sware I am actively trying to change things, I'm not just complaining, or feeling sad, or whatever, I am now putting in the hours to change things on a whole bunch of levels, its why i'm only on here about half the time I was a few months ago...but when you've had a long week, and you get not good results...its quite difficult not to be a bit distressed...people always tell me that it will be alright, that things will eventually look up...but for millions of people this never happens, why should I at the end of the day be in the small minority who make something of themselves? Why should I be blessed with that sort of thing...there is no reason why, and plenty of reasons against...but it is hard when it pervades far more then just the job situation...its a great many things, involving family, money, job, personal issues...

I'm sure I'll cheer up after ive had a rest, and begin again tomorrow...but at this very moment...I feel on the down and out
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Going back to University would be extremely expensive, i'd have to do a strictly vocational course of which I wouldnt know which to do, and then there would be no guarentee of a job at the end

I've thought of doing night classes and the likes, because they cost less, take longer, and you can still work...but I wouldnt know what I wanted to do...it kinda needs to be a profession coz ive already been through this academic process once...I'm a Graduate...not though you'd know from my Eight years since
You're not alone, Dave. A lot of people are faced with that ?. They want to change jobs/careers, but don't know exactly "what" they would/should choose that would be satisfying for them. I envy those who know exactly what they want to be/do careerwise.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:59 PM
KevinD

feeling very excited...a new baby girl came on the 4th of May. Ashley Elizabeth was 8 pounds 13 ounces.