Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Chuck Liddell: I told Dana that Tito wouldn't fight me -- he just wanted to get on TV

I wanna hear Tito's comeback for that.. but wait.. hasn't he already used his phone call???

Chuck Liddell: I told Dana that Tito wouldn't fight me -- he just wanted to get on TV

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/30/14...told-dana-that

Quoteworthy:

"My training is ramping up, getting harder and harder. Other than the fact that Franklin's a southpaw, there's not much of a difference. I've had to work on my all-round game because he's decent at everything. Him taking me down is not really a big threat, so if it goes to the ground it's because I decided it should, but he is a much better striker than Tito. I still really want to knock him out. He ran his mouth and now I get to say 'I told you so' to Dana. I told Dana that he wouldn't fight me and that he was just going to use this to get on TV. I don't care. Honestly. I mean I've already knocked him out twice. All I want is, if he decides to come back to the UFC, that he should have to fight me to get back in."

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell prepares for his upcoming battle against Rich Franklin at UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver. "The Iceman" was supposed to fight opposing TUF 10 coach Tito Ortiz -- until "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" was forced to withdraw from the Spike TV reality show for reasons not yet revealed. The icy one claims that was Tito's intent from the start and that he should be forced to fight Chuck again if he ever wants to return to the Octagon. Anyone agree?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM

Chuck's overhand is dangerous for any SoPo. I hate to see these guys fight eachother but it should be a respectful fight.

[
Old 04-30-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Chuck's overhand is dangerous for any SoPo. I hate to see these guys fight eachother but it should be a respectful fight.
agreed... this one is going to hurt to watch.. both guys are well respected.. and have much class..
Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 PM
KevinD

As far as Chuck's statements about Tito, I don't disagree. If Tito wants back in, he should have to finish the business with Chuck first.
As far as Franklin goes, I don't like seeing two guys I really like fight each other. Its too bad, one of them will get KO'ed. I am thinking it will be Rich.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 PM

I am a HUGE Chuck N'hugger.. Chuck needs this win more than Rich.