Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Quoteworthy:

LOL!!!!!!

Paul Daley: 'For 10 points, name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago'

Quote:
Okay, if we are doing this, letís talk about his style. Heís not that great a wrestler. His takedowns have been stuffed by almost every opponent heís faced. He canít kick-box for crap, not if his life depended on it. If he tries to stand with me for even a second, I fear for his well-being. His ground and pound is crap. If he grounded and pounded me in my sleep heíd barely have enough power in his punches to wake me up. His subs are based on his strength; the technique is almost non-existent. Heís a good athlete and is strong, but I am so much stronger. Iím a different species than him. His subs just wonít work on me. Forget it, Fraggle. Knock me out? Too funny. People with glass chins shouldnít throw stones. I donít have a BJJ black belt, but I am sure I hit a little harder than Paulo Thiago, who almost decapitated Kos like a geek in a horror film. Thiago is a tough dude and a top contender I would love to fight, but the black and white of it is heíd never scored a knockout before he sparked Kos out and heís not scored one since. Itís a trivia question: 'For 10 points: Name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago?'"
British brawler Paul Daley has an unflattering skill assessment of perennial welterweight contender, Josh Koscheck, who he meets at the upcoming UFC 113 event from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on May 8. "Semtex" is as confident as they come and the heavy-handed welterweight striker has been able to back it up with two lethal performances since making his promotional debut. He torched the title hopes of Martin Kampmann with a first round technical knockout at UFC 103: "Franklin vs. Belfort" and then brutalized grappling whiz Dustin Hazelett at UFC 108: "Evans vs. Silva" with a crushing knockout in his most recent performance. Is "Kos" the final hurdle before a 170-pound title fight? Or is Daley in for a rude awakening in Montreal?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
LOL!!!!!!

Paul Daley: 'For 10 points, name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago'

British brawler Paul Daley has an unflattering skill assessment of perennial welterweight contender, Josh Koscheck, who he meets at the upcoming UFC 113 event from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on May 8. "Semtex" is as confident as they come and the heavy-handed welterweight striker has been able to back it up with two lethal performances since making his promotional debut. He torched the title hopes of Martin Kampmann with a first round technical knockout at UFC 103: "Franklin vs. Belfort" and then brutalized grappling whiz Dustin Hazelett at UFC 108: "Evans vs. Silva" with a crushing knockout in his most recent performance. Is "Kos" the final hurdle before a 170-pound title fight? Or is Daley in for a rude awakening in Montreal?
Man I don't like either of these guys. It will be fun to watch them talk crap and see who will knock the other one out.
My guess is Daley by left hook KO in first round

[
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Daley has not much ground game...but noone bothers to take him down. Its really up to Koscheck...but I'm sick of saying the same thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

kos can take him down i think .. but i also thought he would be able to take alves down ... once he tastes the power, he may not want to go for the shot and just dance around ... we shall see ...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
wavetar

I picture this ending up similar to the Rumble Johnson fight (hopefully without the dramatic acting)...Kos will eat a few hard punches, and if he's still awake, will take Daley down with relative ease, take his back, and submit him via RNC. Or he'll get KTFO...I'd say 70/30 odds for him winning.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
atomdanger

Its kind of interesting to see two cocky guys fighting.

KOS better keep this on the ground.