Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
ok.. let's fix this...

1. Baby Jay got his ass beat for 4 rounds..not 3....

2. He DIDN'T answer any questions from the ref.. not that he couldn't.. he just didn't...

3. His CORNER.. stopped the fight... Cause he was beat up... and didn't want to stand up.. like a freaking Champ.. he didn't want to

4. He beats Hughes... and then leaves the UFC... he comes back...

5. Loses to GSP.. granted it was a great fight.. and GSP couldn't finish.. (I went to a party.. GSP went to a hospital).. but he still LOST..

6. Then he loses to Hughes... in a SPECTACULAR fashion.. (but.. but.. I got injured)

7. then gets the SNOT beat out of him by GSP...
(only cause he cheated - yeah the Vaseline really hindered those punches)...

8. Baby Jay can REALLY Talk The Talk.. but when he faces Championship Caliber opponents.. he can't walk the walk...
1. not really, there was no ass kicking that happened in the first round. GSP mostly leaned on BJ and tried takedowns but failed on all of them.

2. How do you know if he could answer the questions or not? BJ says he does not even remember anything that happened after round 3. He was basically out on his feet.

3.Um if I remember correctly BJ was standing when his corner stopped the fight.

4. He left because the UFC was not trying to pay him what he thought he was worth. Nothing wrong with that, BJ went 4-1 outside of the UFC and his only loss came at HW

5. Still a great fight. You act as though it was a disgrace to lose the way he did

6. Um he did get injured thats a fact.

7. He did lose, he still lasted longer than Matt and Serra did combined though, and GSP did cheat. Not saying that BJ would have won but I do think it caused him to take more damage than he would have if GSP did not cheat.

8. Um he holds wins over Matt (#1 WW when BJ beat him), Gomi (one of the best LW's ever), Sherk (top 10 LW when BJ beat him), Florian (top 10 LW when BJ beat him) and Sanchez (top 10 LW when BJ beat him)

So did BJ Penn punch your grandma in the face? Did he sleep with your wife? Did he kill one of your family members? These are the only reasons I can think of to hate someone as much as you hate BJ. You really are starting to sound like a whiney little bitch. I mean I thought Dave hated BJ Penn but I would rather listen to Dave cry about BJ for hours than listen to you. Dave decided to post about BJ's book and instead of adding anything to the conversation you decided to troll the thread and act like this was Sherdog. If you really want to act like a giant jack ass you should go there, you would fit right in. I would ask if you were still in high school but sadly I know you're not.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Now I am a troll? Yer funny...

Pretty sure that he was sitting down when the fight was stopped.. I will have to see if I still have that one recored.

He had a contract with the UFC.. walked out on it.. then had the nerve to sue the UFC when they wanted to create a new WW Champ.... what kinda of person does that sound like to you?

Baby Jay's book.. "Why I fight".. would be better named "Why I quit"

You asked why.. and I let you know. I have given very specific reasons why I think so. But I am a troll...

Nope Baby Jay didn't punch my family in the face... He just quit. And after seeing all the things I have seen in him.. for him to come out with a book.. "Why I fight".. get called out for it and then blame his ghost writer.. well.. no.. I really guess I shouldn't have been surprised..

Yep Baby jay got injured in his fight with Matt.. and blamed that for his losing.. Rich broke both (?) hands and a foot fighting David.. Faber broke his hand.. and they still kept fighting.. one won.. the other lost.. but still gutted it out.. to do what they "are born to do".. Like Baby jay says he is...

I loath Rashad Evans.. I don't hide it at all... And I respect him as a fighter more than Baby Jay.. Why?

To reference the movie 300 and Spartan mythos.. Rashad goes out on his shield.. Baby Jay Penn.. put his across his back.. and walked away.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Max

Quote:
1. Now I am a troll? Yer funny...

2. He had a contract with the UFC.. walked out on it.. then had the nerve to sue the UFC when they wanted to create a new WW Champ.... what kinda of person does that sound like to you?

3. You asked why.. and I let you know. I have given very specific reasons why I think so. But I am a troll...

4. Yep Baby jay got injured in his fight with Matt.. and blamed that for his losing.. Rich broke both (?) hands and a foot fighting David.. Faber broke his hand.. and they still kept fighting.. one won.. the other lost.. but still gutted it out.. to do what they "are born to do".. Like Baby jay says he is...

5. To reference the movie 300 and Spartan mythos.. Rashad goes out on his shield.. Baby Jay Penn.. put his across his back.. and walked away.
1. I said you were trolling this thread, which you are.

2. What contract? He said the contract was up after his fight with Matt. BJ went and fought in both K-1 and the ROTR and the UFC did nothing to stop him. Clearly if he had a contract they would not have allowed him to fight in the other orgs unless they wanted him to.

3. Once again you are trolling THIS THREAD.

4. Um when BJ broke his rib against Matt he came out and fought the 3rd round with a broken rib. How is that not gutting it out?

5. What BJ did was no different than a fighter getting caught in a submission and tapping instead of getting their are broken or letting themselves go out. Fighters tap because they are trying to prevent serious injury. BJ could not continue and his corner stopped the fight to prevent him from getting seriously injured. There is no shame in that.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
1. I said you were trolling this thread, which you are.

2. What contract? He said the contract was up after his fight with Matt. BJ went and fought in both K-1 and the ROTR and the UFC did nothing to stop him. Clearly if he had a contract they would not have allowed him to fight in the other orgs unless they wanted him to.

3. Once again you are trolling THIS THREAD.

4. Um when BJ broke his rib against Matt he came out and fought the 3rd round with a broken rib. How is that not gutting it out?

5. What BJ did was no different than a fighter getting caught in a submission and tapping instead of getting their are broken or letting themselves go out. Fighters tap because they are trying to prevent serious injury. BJ could not continue and his corner stopped the fight to prevent him from getting seriously injured. There is no shame in that.

Shortly after defeating Hughes, Penn signed to fight for the Japanese Fighting and Entertainment Group's (FEG) K-1 promotion citing a lack of challenging fights left for him in the UFC. The UFC promptly stripped him of the welterweight title, claiming Penn breached his contract and that the signing constituted him refusing to defend his title. Penn filed a suit against the UFC and publicized his side of the conflict, claiming his UFC contract had already expired. Penn filed a motion to stop the UFC from awarding a new welterweight title, but that motion was denied

If it expired.. that means it was still there.. TO expire...

All I am saying about Baby Jay is that as good a fighter as he is.. people tend to forget the way he has acted in the recent.. and not so recent past..

And I don't consider debating Baby Jay's backbone.. trolling.. I do admit Baby Jay fights great.. just not against Champions..

So you are saying that .. Not answering the bell for the next round is the same as tapping to a submission? Really? He had his minute to rest.. just like Jens (who he beat badly).. He had his minute to rest like Maia (another person that was beaten badly).. yet they were able to get up and "finish strong".. But The Prodigy.. just quit.

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 04-27-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Max

Quote:
If it expired.. that means it was still there.. TO expire...
expired: having come to an end or become void after passage of a period of time

He had a contract and after his fight with Matt it expired meaning it was no longer valid. Instead of signing a new contract he signed with K-1. If your drivers license is expired it means that it is no longer valid. There for an expired contract is no longer valid.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
expired: having come to an end or become void after passage of a period of time

He had a contract and after his fight with Matt it expired meaning it was no longer valid. Instead of signing a new contract he signed with K-1. If your drivers license is expired it means that it is no longer valid. There for an expired contract is no longer valid.
Max, have you read his book?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Max, have you read his book?
Nah.. he's too busy a huggin and a squeezin'

OK.. THAT was trolling
Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
after his loss to Jens. Also, and I have told you this 100 times before, it was not the fact that BJ went to a draw with Uno that got him the title shot,
Your right.

I'd forgotten he'd failed TWICE to get the title against two different people at his own weight class before challenging for a weight class above.

BJ Might want to work on defense...then he wouldnt have "got hurt" I suppose. Your as bad as he is in making excuses up Besides...he should have been more careful about how he applied the failed submission move that really hurt him...He claims he separated ribs trying to get Matts back or something...but you watch the end of the round after the submission he tries on Hughes fails...was it not some inverse arm triangle thing...that was missapplied...didnt he struggle to get to his feet at the end of the round.

If we really want to blame his loss on him...trust me...there is evidence out there to proove that we can...but it makes him look more of a fool then ever...he might just want to go with Hughes being the better man...at least it doesnt shine a light on the thing he did in that fight that didnt help him