Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
billwilliams70

Default Tebow is a Bronco

I know, I know, I know......there are many doubts about picking Tebow so early and that many folks think that Denver may have made a mistake, but I think he's a good fit in Denver......he won't be forced to start at QB and he'll have some time to show all the haters that hard work, good effort, and positivity will pay off.

Not sure how many people here know this, but my Tim was a huge Gators and Broncos fan. Once it was announced that he was drafted by the Broncos Tim's best friend called me to say that he thought Tim was up in heaven pleading with God to make Tebow a Bronco. I agree.....my Tim would have been so happy.

About a month before Tim passed, we talked about Tebow, about his work ethic and his faith. I expressed to my son that because of those things, I thought that Tebow would do well in the NFL and that I'd support him by buying his NFL jersey. Now, as a Raiders fan.....I have to purchase a Broncos jersey.......thanks Tim.

I love you and I miss you son!

Later.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 PM
BamaGrits84

Hope the Broncos are getting Klenex setup as a sponsor. They are going to need an unlimited supply!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I know, I know, I know......there are many doubts about picking Tebow so early and that many folks think that Denver may have made a mistake, but I think he's a good fit in Denver......he won't be forced to start at QB and he'll have some time to show all the haters that hard work, good effort, and positivity will pay off.

Not sure how many people here know this, but my Tim was a huge Gators and Broncos fan. Once it was announced that he was drafted by the Broncos Tim's best friend called me to say that he thought Tim was up in heaven pleading with God to make Tebow a Bronco. I agree.....my Tim would have been so happy.

About a month before Tim passed, we talked about Tebow, about his work ethic and his faith. I expressed to my son that because of those things, I thought that Tebow would do well in the NFL and that I'd support him by buying his NFL jersey. Now, as a Raiders fan.....I have to purchase a Broncos jersey.......thanks Tim.

I love you and I miss you son!

Later.
Beautiful story Bill.. Gosh I am gonna wear a Tebow jersey in honor of your son
Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm pulling for Tebow.

I think he is a great guy and I hope he can be successful.

I know everybody is concerned about his throwing motion and style not converting to the NFL, but the one thing I think he has is leadership quality, and that can go a long way with the right group of guys.

Great story Bill!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Chuck

Wow that's a great story! I would love to see a Raider fan with a Bronco jersey on!!

I KNOW Tim would get a kick out of seeing that!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wow that's a great story! I would love to see a Raider fan with a Bronco jersey on!!

I KNOW Tim would get a kick out of seeing that!
There will be no pictures......he'll be able to see me.

Later.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
There will be no pictures......he'll be able to see me.

Later.
Yeah but I won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!