Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Since Sonnen (R) is getting the shot, i am assuming Vitor is still not able to fight?

Vitor said he is expecting his return in October.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStettin View Post
Ok, realize I did not see his last fight, but have seen the others. When is Dana going to put someone in the Octagon that can challenge this guy? Chael Sonnen? Really? Wasn't Forrest supposed to challenge him?

Right now (and I know this is going to ruffle some feathers) I just don't see anyone that can beat him at MW or LHW. Am I wrong? If so, state your case please because he has made it look toooooo easy.

Please don't say GSP either. As much as I like him and realize how talented he is, he has nothing for Silva.
You can find some responses right here --> http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4912

Later.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 AM
ERStettin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
Perhaps the question should be, why doesn't Silva challenge himself? We he agree he is the cream of the crop of all fighters. I think Silva could challenge himself more in some of these fights instead of being content to simply win.
I do see the other side of the argument about styles making fights and opponents being willing to engage in the fight as well. If Silva wanted to risk a little more and challenge himself to finish guys in these boring fights, he probably would finish them. He's that good.

I think because he is bored and when he feels he is not challenged, why not just get by? I don't know and am just assuming.

My kids play hockey and when they were playing a team they were supposed to smoke, they rarely did. It just seems they played to the other teams level. Not sure if that is a good analogy, but when you feel challenged, nervous, etc., you tend to have a heightened state of awareness and are ready to act/procede. Maybe Silva is like this...I don't know.

Regardless, Dana should be taking this opportunity to put him with the best. Heck, I would love to see him fight Brock Lesnar.