Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I feel very blah!! Kinda melancholy
A gift for you - Melancolia by Albrecht Durer

Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
CAMPO

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to Vegas to see my family, drive to Death Valley for one night - so a little sight seeing...then back home Monday morning! Can't wait

THEN.........my cousin comes in from England next week & the following weekend we're flying to NYC!! Wow...I can hardly contain myself yippeeee!!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

not so good. Its the 9th years mind of my Grandmothers death...and to make it doubly poignient...I heard one of my flock at work (by that I mean regular customers that you get to know and like) has died...she was in her late 90s. She used to come out one day a week on a Saturday Morning...exceptionally dry sense of humour, that many of the women on this forum would have appreciated...but last year she had a fall, outside the store infact due to bad weather...she never came back after that. I think she was frightened she would fall again...she was only tiny...you know a gust of wind might have felled her. She went down hill after that, ended up in a home...and then died during that bad weather we had sometime around Christmas/new year.

Tiz so sad I just knew her as "flo" I think her name was Florance...but I dont really know I have no idea if she is Saved....but at her age, I suspect so...She was Pre-War era...when this Country knew what Christianity was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mch1d7VVUvA
Old 04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

Pickled, I feel pickled, like the first half of the track below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Fjur0SpG4
Old 04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u20j-a-9zGI

Peaceful
Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPO View Post
EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to Vegas to see my family, drive to Death Valley for one night - so a little sight seeing...then back home Monday morning! Can't wait

THEN.........my cousin comes in from England next week & the following weekend we're flying to NYC!! Wow...I can hardly contain myself yippeeee!!
Sounds like good times. Enjoy!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:36 AM
DonnaMaria

Tired..........can't sleep.

Total of 17 staff members were let go from my district so far. Yesterday our school budget was voted down, so now there will be more cuts. Friday night the Board will cut more positions and Monday we will find out who gets the ax.

Our preschool program might be eliminated...........

These kids really need the support and help and they are going to be getting less and less of it next year. They are cutting all the aides, the basic skills teachers, the guidance department, the early childhood programs. All the things that help struggling kids are going to be eliminated.

And that means that the kids who don't struggle will feel the loss of support too. It means that children who are normally given the extra help that they need will just fall farther and farther behind and eventually become behavior problems in the classroom because of their frustration. The teachers will spend more time correcting unwanted behavior and less time teaching.

Everyone suffers. It's really sad. Just really really sad..................
Old 04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
A gift for you - Melancolia by Albrecht Durer

That picture is really cool.............
Old 04-22-2010, 07:44 AM

I'm so sorry, DonnaMaria. I really hope that you don't have bad news on Monday, I'm sending all postitive thoughts and vibes your way.

Stay strong!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Tired..........can't sleep.

Total of 17 staff members were let go from my district so far. Yesterday our school budget was voted down, so now there will be more cuts. Friday night the Board will cut more positions and Monday we will find out who gets the ax.

Our preschool program might be eliminated...........

These kids really need the support and help and they are going to be getting less and less of it next year. They are cutting all the aides, the basic skills teachers, the guidance department, the early childhood programs. All the things that help struggling kids are going to be eliminated.

And that means that the kids who don't struggle will feel the loss of support too. It means that children who are normally given the extra help that they need will just fall farther and farther behind and eventually become behavior problems in the classroom because of their frustration. The teachers will spend more time correcting unwanted behavior and less time teaching.

Everyone suffers. It's really sad. Just really really sad..................

I don't understand why education is something we can take money away from. I have always believed that education and defense should always be funded well. Those are the 2 things that will save us in the future.

~Amy