Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post


Tis but a scratch Besides its not like I got a 180 day suspension
I am sure Maia was thinking 'he "has made worms meat out of me" ....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 AM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

did Damian carelessly rush in with anger because Anderson was taunting him? You say that was his game plan but it didn't work. Silva did all that damage in the first 2 rounds when he was actually fighting. The last rounds where you say his taunts were part of his gameplan resulted in the most boring minutes of my life. Damian didn't carelessly rush in....thats why I say it didn't work.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-15-2010, 03:48 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
did Damian carelessly rush in with anger because Anderson was taunting him? You say that was his game plan but it didn't work. Silva did all that damage in the first 2 rounds when he was actually fighting. The last rounds where you say his taunts were part of his gameplan resulted in the most boring minutes of my life. Damian didn't carelessly rush in....thats why I say it didn't work.
So what?

He still CLEARLY won the fight.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 AM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so what?
you make a point that clearly didn't hold water, thats my only point.

you are correct, Silva clearly won the fight.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
so what?
you make a point that clearly didn't hold water, thats my only point.

you are correct, Silva clearly won the fight.
How does my point that "it was Silva's gameplan" not hold water?

Having and implementing a gameplan is totally separate from IF it works or not.

In that sense, what he was doing DID work, because he clearly won the fight. That was my point.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 AM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

if it was his gameplan to make Maia rush in carelessly so he could counter punch him, then what in the world was Silva doing, running around the ring for the last two rounds. Maia stepped it up somewhat in the 5th, and pushed forward a little. Silva didn't try to counter punch him or set anything up....he ran away.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
if it was his gameplan to make Maia rush in carelessly so he could counter punch him, then what in the world was Silva doing, running around the ring for the last two rounds. Maia stepped it up somewhat in the 5th, and pushed forward a little. Silva didn't try to counter punch him or set anything up....he ran away.
You are talking about when there was like 1:30 left in the fight.

Silva didn't show timidity, he was just circling and changing position, which is perfectly legal. He had already beat the hell out of Maia for over 20 minutes, and when Silva got warned for not engaging you could easily say it was as much Maia's fault for dropping his hands and not engaging either. It's totally subjective in that respect.

People want to make it seem like Silva RAN AWAY THE WHOLE 5TH ROUND, but that is not the case at all. I have the whole event saved and have watched it numerous times at this point and thats not how I saw it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.