Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
BJ hasn't said this though, it was Rudy Valentino. BJ has done nothing other than give Frankie credit.

"Iím not happy about losing the title. I donít want to take anything away from Frankie. He did a good job. As a fighter, youíre always thinking youíre winning the fight and you never think youíre losing. You just have that mental mindset. Looking back at it, I just want to congratulate Frankie. My first thought was I gotta get back in the ring immediately and I want to get back on track. The UFC actually called us yesterday and they want to put a rematch in the works and weíll see what goes from here. I think I got a good idea at what heís gonna try and do. I know his power, I know how hard he punches, and I know the way he moves. I got that pictured in my mind. The rematch is going to be more technical. After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, Iím not on [the pound-for-pound] list anymore. Itís gotta be Fedor. He finishes his guys and how can I argue against him?"

Where are the excuses?
See you need to run what he says through the "BJ Penn haterade" translator to see how the haters hear or read what BJ Penn says. I got my hands on one and I will let you know how they see it.

"Iím not happy about losing the title. I donít want to take anything away from Frankie. He did a good job. - I hate this. Frankie sucks and should have never been given the dec.

As a fighter, youíre always thinking youíre winning the fight and you never think youíre losing. You just have that mental mindset. Looking back at it, I just want to congratulate Frankie.- I know I won that fight. Looking back on it I know I beat Frankie and I should still be the champ

My first thought was I gotta get back in the ring immediately and I want to get back on track. - I didnt train at all for this fight and thats why I lost but now I'm gonna train hard for the next one

The UFC actually called us yesterday and they want to put a rematch in the works and weíll see what goes from here. - I called and begged the UFC to give me a rematch with him

I think I got a good idea at what heís gonna try and do. I know his power, I know how hard he punches, and I know the way he moves. I got that pictured in my mind. - He showed me all he had in that fight. He never once hurt me and he punches like a little girl.

After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, Iím not on [the pound-for-pound] list anymore. Itís gotta be Fedor. He finishes his guys and how can I argue against him?" - Even though I lost I'm still the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Fedor sucks, he is fighting nothing but cans. I finish guys, f__k Fedor

So yea thats how the haters read it.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
BJ Penn thinks that he should have won that fight by armbar for some reason
No BJ says that thanks to that loss he is still fighting. Had he beat Pulver he would have quit MMA.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
No BJ says that thanks to that loss he is still fighting. Had he beat Pulver he would have quit MMA.
thats what he says now at the time it was a huge contriversy about the armbar at the end of...I think the second...could have been third...cant remember.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
See you need to run what he says through the "BJ Penn haterade" translator to see how the haters hear or read what BJ Penn says. I got my hands on one and I will let you know how they see it.

"Iím not happy about losing the title. I donít want to take anything away from Frankie. He did a good job. - I hate this. Frankie sucks and should have never been given the dec.

As a fighter, youíre always thinking youíre winning the fight and you never think youíre losing. You just have that mental mindset. Looking back at it, I just want to congratulate Frankie.- I know I won that fight. Looking back on it I know I beat Frankie and I should still be the champ

My first thought was I gotta get back in the ring immediately and I want to get back on track. - I didnt train at all for this fight and thats why I lost but now I'm gonna train hard for the next one

The UFC actually called us yesterday and they want to put a rematch in the works and weíll see what goes from here. - I called and begged the UFC to give me a rematch with him

I think I got a good idea at what heís gonna try and do. I know his power, I know how hard he punches, and I know the way he moves. I got that pictured in my mind. - He showed me all he had in that fight. He never once hurt me and he punches like a little girl.

After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, Iím not on [the pound-for-pound] list anymore. Itís gotta be Fedor. He finishes his guys and how can I argue against him?" - Even though I lost I'm still the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Fedor sucks, he is fighting nothing but cans. I finish guys, f__k Fedor

So yea thats how the haters read it.