Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
ufcfan2

I think I would have a heart attack doing those just by u guys talking abou it.
I have hard enough time doing the drills in my kickboxing class and I thought I was in shape WRONG.
We do 2,2min rounds of jump roping with 30 second rests,2 rounds of shadow boxing for 2 mins each. Then we do 3 minute round of punches/kicks then do 1min abs or some other form of cardio/strengthening rinse and repeat for 45 mins or so..I'm freaking tired after the jump ropes
I'm actually enjoying doing kickboxing just wish I would of done it years ago having hard time with my foot work...
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I think I would have a heart attack doing those just by u guys talking abou it.
I have hard enough time doing the drills in my kickboxing class and I thought I was in shape WRONG.
We do 2,2min rounds of jump roping with 30 second rests,2 rounds of shadow boxing for 2 mins each. Then we do 3 minute round of punches/kicks then do 1min abs or some other form of cardio/strengthening rinse and repeat for 45 mins or so..I'm freaking tired after the jump ropes
I'm actually enjoying doing kickboxing just wish I would of done it years ago having hard time with my foot work...
Never done Tabata, but last summer I was telling a friend about 8 minutes of cardio and he was like, "No way that could be so difficult". He managed 3 hill sprints before he couldn't take it any more. He took a short break than did some sprints on the flat track. After he walked back up the hill to where our cars were parked, he threw up, lol.

He said it was a good thing though because he realized his level of fitness, although he had a low body fat and pretty good definition, needed some work.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
You'll progress and it will all start to flow. the Jump rope with greatly improve footwork issues you might have.

Just think how awesome you'll feel being in the best shape of your life, now!
When I played soccer in High School I never thought i'd be in any better shape, but I could totally destroy 1995 Mark in strength and endurance, now.

[
Old 02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
hizo64

Ill tell you what, this has got to be some of the most toughest/gratifying workout program I have ever done. My body has responded to it so well and its barely been a week! It really tests me mentally, phyically and most of all emotionally. There is nothing like pushing beyond your body's "limits" and finding out that hey, you do have a little more in you than what you think, and thats the best feeling of all...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
Ill tell you what, this has got to be some of the most toughest/gratifying workout program I have ever done. My body has responded to it so well and its barely been a week! It really tests me mentally, phyically and most of all emotionally. There is nothing like pushing beyond your body's "limits" and finding out that hey, you do have a little more in you than what you think, and thats the best feeling of all...
Amen!
my boxing trainer must have caught on to this training because we started doing this more last night. 1 minute of an exercise with no break right into the next.
my complex carb solution for preworkout energy is now 1 hour before class I mix 1 cup of natural applesauce with 1 cup uncooked oatmeal.
I felt like I had a lot of fuel to burn last night!

[