Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Exclamation Dana White Video on Anderson Silva

I feel really sorry for Dana White, I dont think this was his fault...I'm more sorry that he had to be interviewed by the ass of all interviewers though

That last question is the best....when White is asked if he thinks basically Anderson fighting any of the other champions would make for an "interesting" fight and Dana basically says "im not interested in Anderson Silva at all at the moment" or words to that effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2wlP_Vj3W0
Old 04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Faith and Grace

He didn't mention Matt in that long list of congrats of fighters who won.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith and Grace View Post
He didn't mention Matt in that long list of congrats of fighters who won.
he must have forgotten
Old 04-12-2010, 06:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I feel really sorry for Dana White, I dont think this was his fault...
Don't feel sorry for him. I'm sure he will be okay.

There is no way he doesn't give Silva a big fight next time up. In the back of his head he knows this is great for pushing Silva's next fight because now he gets played up as the heel and everybody wants to see him lose. So they will likely give him a more dangerous opponent with a marquee name. People get way too upset over stuff and blow it out of proportion. Still, Dana getting all mad and throwing a hissy fit is just stupid. If he is really that mad with Anderson than he should handle that affair in private and not as publicly as he has. Not going out there and presenting Silva the belt was just lame in my opinion, even if he is really that upset, two wrongs don't make a right.

Nothing has really changed besides Penn losing, and just like 2 weeks ago, we watched another dominating performance from one of the best fighters in the sport. At the same time we also saw the Champion who a lot of fans were arguing as the most dominant and exciting fighter, go out and lose to a 7 to 1 underdog.

Last edited by J.B.; 04-12-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Don't feel sorry for him. I'm sure he will be okay.

There is no way he doesn't give Silva a big fight next time up. In the back of his head he knows this is great for pushing Silva's next fight because now he gets played up as the heel and everybody wants to see him lose. So they will likely give him a more dangerous opponent with a marquee name. People get way too upset over stuff and blow it out of proportion. Still, Dana getting all mad and throwing a hissy fit is just stupid. If he is really that mad with Anderson than he should handle that affair in private and not as publicly as he has. Not going out there and presenting Silva the belt was just lame in my opinion, even if he is really that upset, two wrongs don't make a right.

Nothing has really changed besides Penn losing, and just like 2 weeks ago, we watched another dominating performance from one of the best fighters in the sport. At the same time we also saw the Champion who a lot of fans were arguing as the most dominant and exciting fighter, go out and lose to a 7 to 1 underdog.
Agreed. Give Silva a big tough name at 205 or even heavyweight if he's willing. I may not like Anderson anymore, but I'd still pay to watch it, admitably.

I actually missed teh Edgar/Penn fight, so I'm bummed out that I missed out on Frankie winning that one. I'm glad for him; it's about time one of the undisputed champs in the UFC got overthrown. Now the LW division's gonna be a little more competitive.

Here's to hoping Frankie has a good run as champ though. I like him a lot.