Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
BamaGrits84

I feel like my husband is a selfish jerk that spends money like a teenager with his rich parents' credit card!

I felt the need to include all emotioncons that visualize how I feel.

And i feel like my 2nd graded is going to be on bootcamp style punishment until he has all As in school. Wish there was a smiley getting spanked for this one.

But regardless of all the rest Jesus loves me and I get to watch Matt fight in a little more than 24 hours!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:52 PM

Bonnie, that's crazy. WTH? Why can't they tell you the address? Must be a security risk...

I've had to talk to India every time there's a problem with our HP printer. It started going haywire immediately after we bought it. We are now on our second "reworked" printer as HP wouldn't replace ours with a new one (even though ours was within the warranty period). On about the 8th call to India, I get Vikram with undecipherable English and an attitude to go with it.

We are NEVER getting another HP product.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I know so many who have already lost jobs.....

And if the school budgets don't pass come April 20th, there will be more cuts.

NJ is in bad, bad shape...............
I'm the ways & means chair for my son's PTA. His school is blessed to have a wonderful PTA and we raise about $45,000 a year for the school. For the past 3 years we have had to provide ALL the start up money for teachers because it has been cut off. Also parents buy pre-packaged school supplies from anywhere between $35-$90 depending on what the grade level is. This year we will have the supply packs again put will be asked to provide or donate for the purchase of TOILET PAPAER! No I'm not joking. This is what the state super actually said on the news regarding cuts and the budget cut effects! Now that's the norm in a lot of places now I know. But here's my biggest problem. Over the past 5 years Alabama has seen a major boom in tax revenues from Hyundai and it's suppliers. I work for the top tier supplier. About 3 years ago without notice we were annexed into the city limits. This added city taxes to us. That's over a million dollars in just sales tax. Plus sales for Hyundai's have shot up with means more jobs, more money going into the state economy yet school budgets keep getting cut. It makes me sick. Then we had this huge illegal bingo bit that just adds fuel to the fire.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Bonnie, that's crazy. WTH? Why can't they tell you the address? Must be a security risk...

I've had to talk to India every time there's a problem with our HP printer. It started going haywire immediately after we bought it. We are now on our second "reworked" printer as HP wouldn't replace ours with a new one (even though ours was within the warranty period). On about the 8th call to India, I get Vikram with undecipherable English and an attitude to go with it.

My Dell laptop has caused the same kind of problems for me. The Indian man I talked to was so rude! Luckily the guys at Best Buy are sweet and took pity on me. I now love the Geek Squad.

~Amy
Old 04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
bradwright

Quote:

pay attention very carefully while i tell you whats wrong with your HP printer...

OK..here go's.....ITS A ****EN hp PRINTER...THATS WHAT ! ! !

i threw mine out about 2 months after i bought it.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:

I don't know if she didn't have the physical # address; she just gave me the street (but no cross street). As I told her that street goes from one end to the other so that wasn't helping me. When I asked why she couldn't give me the phone#, she said 'cause they didn't want a lot of people calling. It's a Fedex/Kinkos combo, what if some business had a large printing job and needed information?

We can see what's happened to our country with all this outsourcing of our jobs? I called about a medical bill and got some guy in India who I could barely understand. After going through what my problem was, he then has to transfer me to Illinois where I go thru the whole shebang again. If you're not on highblood pressure meds before, you will be after.

We got a Samsung Color Laser printer; it's been pretty good.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:23 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm the ways & means chair for my son's PTA. His school is blessed to have a wonderful PTA and we raise about $45,000 a year for the school. For the past 3 years we have had to provide ALL the start up money for teachers because it has been cut off. Also parents buy pre-packaged school supplies from anywhere between $35-$90 depending on what the grade level is. This year we will have the supply packs again put will be asked to provide or donate for the purchase of TOILET PAPAER! No I'm not joking. This is what the state super actually said on the news regarding cuts and the budget cut effects! Now that's the norm in a lot of places now I know. But here's my biggest problem. Over the past 5 years Alabama has seen a major boom in tax revenues from Hyundai and it's suppliers. I work for the top tier supplier. About 3 years ago without notice we were annexed into the city limits. This added city taxes to us. That's over a million dollars in just sales tax. Plus sales for Hyundai's have shot up with means more jobs, more money going into the state economy yet school budgets keep getting cut. It makes me sick. Then we had this huge illegal bingo bit that just adds fuel to the fire.

Well first let me say THANK YOU for being on your school PTA! I am sure that the teachers in your district appreciate you!! The PTA in my district raised money to get the preschool students a playground with equipment to play on when the state didn’t come through with money for it. ( After they promised that they would.) About 50% of the children in my school live in a low income housing development with no yards to play in and no central playground.

Our PTA gives us books for our classrooms, supplies, and they help teachers with classroom expenses. Most teachers spend about 1000.00 out of pocket each year buying supplies for their students when there is no money in the budget to pay for them. And the PTA ladies help us out whenever possible by purchasing items that we can use. They also volunteer time in the classroom.

And unfortunately we are going to need them more than ever. Four more staff members were let go on Friday……….
Old 04-11-2010, 04:29 AM
DonnaMaria

So........I'm still sad because many dear friends have lost their jobs this past week because of budget cuts........

However I am joyful and I feel blessed because a dear friend, Maria, who was also a student teacher in my classroom a few years ago, married today and I have just returned from her beautiful and touching wedding ceremony and reception. I felt honored to attend and the ceremony really touched my heart and reaffirmed my belief in love.

So..........this week we had the bitter with the sweet. A mix of life, to be sure.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Black Mamba

Your post got me thinking about love Donna Marie. And for once, I really don't know how to feel about it. Sometimes I feel totally and complete numb to the whole idea of loving someone. I guess I'm getting sick of seeing all my friends end up with someone, and here I am, the lone ranger stuck watching them make out. Or hearing about them doing the bedroom mambo.

But then other times, I wish for that one guy to come and open my flood gates. I've got a lot to give to someone, but it has to be the right one. If I never meet the right one, then it doesn't bother me. I'll be content with Leroy, my future French Mastiff.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
So........I'm still sad because many dear friends have lost their jobs this past week because of budget cuts........

However I am joyful and I feel blessed because a dear friend, Maria, who was also a student teacher in my classroom a few years ago, married today and I have just returned from her beautiful and touching wedding ceremony and reception. I felt honored to attend and the ceremony really touched my heart and reaffirmed my belief in love.

So..........this week we had the bitter with the sweet. A mix of life, to be sure.
At least someone is still joyful and has belief in something huh...

How do I feel today...well I'm miles away from home and I have 3 different tears in my groin and a small one in my hamstring and several mosquito bites that are pissing me off, so yeah not feeling a happy bunny right now. Nice weather though.