Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Explain please. What is the significance of April 8 and this "Dead Boy's poem" and it making you sad.
April 8th 2003 was the worst day of my entire life.

Before that point it had already been a major spiritual celebration, but it was a celebration of progress culminating in a set of spiritual statues on April 8th 2002.

But on April 8th 2003 I had a moments indescretion that a life time of prudance can never erase

Worse still April 8th 2005 my Step-Grandfather died.

Its a Horrible, Horrible date...I wish I could go through an April that doesnt have a day marked 8th.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
April 8th 2003 was the worst day of my entire life.

Before that point it had already been a major spiritual celebration, but it was a celebration of progress culminating in a set of spiritual statues on April 8th 2002.

But on April 8th 2003 I had a moments indescretion that a life time of prudance can never erase

Worse still April 8th 2005 my Step-Grandfather died.

Its a Horrible, Horrible date...I wish I could go through an April that doesnt have a day marked 8th.
Well it is natural to forever mark a date to specific events in our lives and to dread those which remind us of sad and painful memories. Maybe what we should do is make a happy memory on that dreaded date. Do something positive today, something good in loving memory of your step-grandfather. As to the other, I'm sure you've asked for forgiveness and it's been given. Sometimes I think it's harder to forgive ourselves, but thankfully GOD has provided a way....

May you have a blessed day today, Dave.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well it is natural to forever mark a date to specific events in our lives and to dread those which remind us of sad and painful memories. Maybe what we should do is make a happy memory on that dreaded date. Do something positive today, something good in loving memory of your step-grandfather. As to the other, I'm sure you've asked for forgiveness and it's been given. Sometimes I think it's harder to forgive ourselves, but thankfully GOD has provided a way....

May you have a blessed day today, Dave.
I dont forgive people easily...its a terrific fault in my personality...and of course I judge no one more harshly then myself...so...

I also have a yearly callendar with about 235 commemorative events throughout the year of all the dates...this is the second most important...the top date is August 8th...and thats a Happy Day
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
DonnaMaria

Sad, confused, mad, sad, mad........

today about 12 staff members in my school district were given their walking papers.

And I can say that ALL of them are fantastic people who really care for our students. They give their love, time, money and energy to help all of the children in my district. Many children come from broken/dysfunctional homes and have parents who are substance abusers. ( Our district has one of the low income housing developments for the county)

not a happy day........... for the staff or for the children.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 PM
County Mike

The educational budget cuts in NJ really suck. The country can give billions to businesses that overpaid their executives but hard-working teachers in NJ are losing jobs because there's not enough money.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 PM
DonnaMaria

I know so many who have already lost jobs.....

And if the school budgets don't pass come April 20th, there will be more cuts.

NJ is in bad, bad shape...............
Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 AM

We just had a news story last week about a laid-off teacher who's been off for several months because the school district "isn't hiring". The kicker is as she was looking on-line for job postings she noticed this same school district advertising for "foreign" teachers for teaching jobs. She contacted the local news and they investigated. The school district came out with a written statement saying "...of course any job openings would be offered to local area teachers first....." blah, blah, blah....

I tell ya, maybe Americans ought to move to a foreign country and then apply for jobs here. They just might get hired.

It's all crazy insane....you call a customer service# and get some guy from India who then directs you to a call center in Illinois. I called FedEx to get directions to my local office and got some chick in Colorado.

Me: Can you please give me the phone number to my local FedEx office?

CS: We're not allowed to give out that information.

Me: Well could you give me directions then?

CS: There is one on Research Forrest Drive in The Woodlands.

Me: Yes, but where on Research Forrest?

CS: I don't know. It just gives the street name.

Me: Research Forrest goes from one end of The Woodlands to the other end; it's a very long street. You don't know where it's at?

CS: No.

Me: No? Wait....where are YOU at....located? Are you in Texas?

CS: No, I'm in Colorado.

Me: So you're in Colorado and can't give me directions and aren't allowed to give me the local phone # so I can call and get directions? Can you call and get directions for me then?

(silent air, then...)

CS: Here is the phone #-------.

Me: Thank you very much.

Insane I tell ya.....insane!!!

Last edited by Bonnie; 04-09-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Garandshooter

Like a 1000lbs off my back, because I was able to demote myself and let some one else take charge of the crew at work. Much less stress!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I know so many who have already lost jobs.....

And if the school budgets don't pass come April 20th, there will be more cuts.

NJ is in bad, bad shape...............
Girl California is bad!! We have had so many educational cuts. They are even considering a 4day school week for my childrens school district.. It's sad for all the educators, children, and our nation.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Sad, confused, mad, sad, mad........

today about 12 staff members in my school district were given their walking papers.

And I can say that ALL of them are fantastic people who really care for our students. They give their love, time, money and energy to help all of the children in my district. Many children come from broken/dysfunctional homes and have parents who are substance abusers. ( Our district has one of the low income housing developments for the county)

not a happy day........... for the staff or for the children.
I'm so sorry to hear that, DonnaMaria. I hope more cuts are not needed :-(