Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
JohnnyB

Default Future Fights - Run at the Belt?

I just watched the pre-fight press conference for UFC 112, and when they introduced Matt, they mentioned that he was looking to make another run at the title.

Previously, I had the perception that Matt was just looking for "big-name" fights with some sort of background. (i.e. fighting Renzo after beating Royce and Serra, and Renzo beating Pat)

Is there any weight to the "run at the belt" comment, or were they just trying to hype up the press conference?

And who do you think would be possible opponents or good match-ups for Matt's next fights?
Old 04-08-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I just watched the pre-fight press conference for UFC 112, and when they introduced Matt, they mentioned that he was looking to make another run at the title.

Previously, I had the perception that Matt was just looking for "big-name" fights with some sort of background. (i.e. fighting Renzo after beating Royce and Serra, and Renzo beating Pat)

Is there any weight to the "run at the belt" comment, or were they just trying to hype up the press conference?

And who do you think would be possible opponents or good match-ups for Matt's next fights?
I want to see a rematch with Thiago

[
Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Stump Rules!

Me too and I'd also like to see Matt fight a non-greasy GSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Definitely!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:49 PM
KevinD

I would love to see a rematch with Alves if it was at 170. none of this coming to the scales 7 pounds over.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

Not sure about the whole "run at the belt", only Matt can answer that one. However, I believe Matt still has the tools to be Champion again. I do not see anyone at 170 that has a supreme upper hand when fighting him. He is definitely still in the mix! I would like to see another fight with Thiago, I would like to see him fight Fitch and perhaps Kos.