Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-05-2010, 06:57 AM

I like that he's showing champion or no, that there is always room for improvement. He realized he had made mistakes and took advantage of Renzo being there to show him right then what he did wrong. I think that was smart with the fight fresh in his mind.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
It's only a problem for other fighters who are similar in style. Dana has a problem with it as well except when its Gsp fighting that way.
you tell me someone who has a similar style and then tell me the last time GSP had a fight stood up due to inactivity ... i bet that same person you mentioned has had their fights stood up and been warned it will be stood up ... so it is not similar styles ...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Right.... but obviously a LOT of people care, GSP is the most criticized champion,
and isn't exactly putting on barn burners.

Finishing fights is a problem for him, so yeah, a lot of people care.
i meant who cares if his BJJ is overrated ... there are other ways to finish fights ... cuz lutter coudln't finish franklin with an arm bar, is his BJJ not blackbelt level? or BJ, who is the most decorated US BJJ practicioner couldn't finish Matt when he had a triangle/armbar and was sitting on his head, is he overrated?