Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yeah, i was never big on ruiz too much, but bhop wants that match with haye ... i want him to take it, so he can't use this fight with RJJ as his swan song ... i mean, RJJ has been HW champ, i think that is what Bhop wants (he hasn't won that title right?) ... so a win over RJJ and a HW title would (in hops mind) make him an equal to Roy ...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, i was never big on ruiz too much, but bhop wants that match with haye ... i want him to take it, so he can't use this fight with RJJ as his swan song ... i mean, RJJ has been HW champ, i think that is what Bhop wants (he hasn't won that title right?) ... so a win over RJJ and a HW title would (in hops mind) make him an equal to Roy ...
Exactly, as bj44 said and I concur with, Hopkins is obsessed with not living in Roy's shadow. The only reason he wants a HW title is to catch Jones in his own mind. Hopkins winning a HW title at this point would be remarkable, but HONESTLY....I don't see any way that he beats David Haye....not that same David Haye I watched yesterday...no way...

I hate going out on a limb like that....but I think Bernard gets seriously hurt in that fight.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-05-2010, 01:19 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Bernard will never be better than Roy Jones in their prime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyZB2RUgblM
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Not to change the subject completely, but did anybody else watch David Haye's destruction of John Ruiz yesterday?

Haye landed some rabbit punches in that fight that would have KILLED B-Hop if he was SERIOUSLY hurt by the little kitten-pawing he got from Roy, and then he still wants to go on record and challenge Haye?

Don't do it Bernard....ride off into the sunset and let it end here. Roy...you too.
i dont know who id cheer for just because it be nice to have an american hw champ again.. whose america's best hw.... fat ass chis arreola? eddie chambers who makes chis byrd look heavy handed?... ughhh
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i dont know who id cheer for just because it be nice to have an american hw champ again.. whose america's best hw.... fat ass chis arreola? eddie chambers who makes chis byrd look heavy handed?... ughhh
The answer here is simple...

Hopkins is NOT the future of the division, American or not....

So you root for Bernard till he loses, simple as that....

Oh s**t...

guess that don't make much sense....

WELCOME TO BOXING!!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Bernard will never be better than Roy Jones in HISprime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyZB2RUgblM
Jones was always a blast to watch, He would get all cocky drop those hands, start trash talking and dancing. Roy is still the man in my book as well.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Jones was always a blast to watch, He would get all cocky drop those hands, start trash talking and dancing. Roy is still the man in my book as well.
It wasn't even that he got cocky....he ALWAYS dropped his hands...

I miss 1999....
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-05-2010, 03:54 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It wasn't even that he got cocky....he ALWAYS dropped his hands...

I miss 1999....
Thats cause he was always cocky....
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Thats cause he was always cocky....
That's right!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN86d0CdgHQ

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default


Last edited by J.B.; 04-05-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.