Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Heck to the yeah I was hit as a kid!! My momma is German and she's mean!! lol.. I rebelled though I used to tell her I liked how it felt.. I know im a sick-o.
I do spank my children.. Im old fashioned like that.. I don't believe in the Barnes n Noble parenting.. If they get outta line I give em' a tune-up!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
donaldbreland

First off I just wanna say Miss Foxy is Hot. Second thing I wanna say is I believe in whippin a kid. I was whooped and I turned out half decent. I have two kids who don't get put in time outs. Guess what though. They won't be the ones killing anybody or stealing others stuff either. with the Glory of God and being a strict parent they will be just fine.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
First off I just wanna say Miss Foxy is Hot. Second thing I wanna say is I believe in whippin a kid. I was whooped and I turned out half decent. I have two kids who don't get put in time outs. Guess what though. They won't be the ones killing anybody or stealing others stuff either. with the Glory of God and being a strict parent they will be just fine.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
donaldbreland

please don't take offence to that either. have to be one of Matt-hughes forums finest.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
please don't take offence to that either. have to be one of Matt-hughes forums finest.
Oh goodness I would not take offense to that!! Shoot that made my day!!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
BamaGrits84

I got spanked as a kid as did my 3 other siblings. My mom & dad found making us pick out our own switch to be especially effective. If we picked a small one then they got to pick - we didn't ever want them to pick. I've got two kids now and yes the get spanked too. With a ping pong paddle by me or by hand if there dad does it. I'm not hurting my hand to spank them. I don't however spank them over everything. The biggest thing is back talking, getting in trouble in school, or for repeat offenses.

In case no one else has posted this:
Proverbs 23:13-14:
13 Donít fail to discipline your children.
They wonít die if you spank them.
14 Physical discipline
may well save them from death.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
suntereo

not often enough - my parents were inconsistent in there discipline
Old 03-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ View Post
Just curious as to your upbringing and if you treat your kids the same way.

I'm not talking about child abuse by the way, I simply mean if you were acting like a brat how would your parents punish/discipline you?

Don't you find kids are being coddled in this generation? I saw a little kid telling his Mother to shutup in the Mall today and I was disgusted at how any parent would let their child speak to them like that.
Not much...once or twice...Usually spanked with a slipper

then my parents discovered starving me worked better. They would confine me to my room and I would go without a meal or something
Old 03-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Robertboxerboy

I got spanked a couple times. My oldest sister and I didnt get along, because we have the same attitude haha. One time we got in a big argument and me being like 6 i hauled off and punched her in the face because she pushed me, she got on spank with a pattle. I got two, one for getting in a fight and one for hitting a girl. thats the only one that vividly sticks out but I know there was more than one. But you had to do something pretty bad to get spanked as a child in my parents household.