Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Forum Meet Ups

Who have you met from this forum, and how did you meet them?

What was the general impression that you had? No reason to hurt feelings or blow smoke.. just curious who has met who.

Who do you want to meet?

I met Kim/Ben/Jeff Crow and Amy at an MMA event in DC.

Kim is/was nice to talk to.. pretty smart...
Ben.. brother man.. we need to do that again.. this time with some booze!!!
Jeff and Amy I met but didn't hang out with. But they were all smiles.

I want to meet just about everyone...

I want to roll with Atom Danger.. have a drink with County Mike... and just hang with the rest.. (for the most part).. and I want to Shake Nate's hand!

There is someone else I want to meet up with.. but I can't say who.. or you may know why...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 PM
County Mike

I've only met Chuck and his wife Jen. Great people and we've actually had the chance to meet a couple times. On the last meeting, Chuck and I went to a shooting range in Florida while our wives shopped at the mall. Then we all had dinner together.

I think it would be cool to meet most of the people on the boards.

I'd have a drink with you SW but probably only one. I'm not a big drinker except once or twice per year, at a big party and when I'm not driving. Our annual Halloween party is one of those exceptions where I'll cut loose but won't be driving.

I live fairly close to Crisco, Llamafighter and DonnaMarie but haven't been able to meet either of them yet. Hopefully soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I've only met Chuck and his wife Jen. Great people and we've actually had the chance to meet a couple times. On the last meeting, Chuck and I went to a shooting range in Florida while our wives shopped at the mall. Then we all had dinner together.

I think it would be cool to meet most of the people on the boards.

I'd have a drink with you SW but probably only one. I'm not a big drinker except once or twice per year, at a big party and when I'm not driving. Our annual Halloween party is one of those exceptions where I'll cut loose but won't be driving.

I live fairly close to Crisco, Llamafighter and DonnaMarie but haven't been able to meet either of them yet. Hopefully soon.

I am a social drinker for the most part... I will have some at parties.. but hanging with friends.. I RARELY order beer/booze first..

I lost a girlfriend (a friend that was a girl) to a drunk driner in Jr. High School.. I NEVER get behind the wheel after a drink.. even one.. the next day . I normally and the DD at UFC parties for the wife and I.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

So who are you stalking more?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
billwilliams70

I've met Boomer!

Later.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Boomer is in a class by himself... kinda like Matt and Mark... those would be just kick Arse meetings...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:16 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Boomer is in a class by himself... kinda like Matt and Mark... those would be just kick Arse meetings...
^Yeah, Boomer is a great guy. Was pretty cool to meet him in the AFG.

Later.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 PM

hmmm
I've met
Matt, Nater, Boomer, VCU, Amy, Dawner, Primadawn, Shane, Crisco, Kim, Gymcoach, Sender, Tennessean,Robbie, Marc Fiore, Jonlion Spiritwarrior, Veach.

Everyone I've met was absolutely awesome.
Rooming with Tenn and Sender in Vegas was a blast
watching 98 next to Amy and Boom was incredible
Partying with everyone else was great
Hanging with Nater is a blast ( I think I laughed the most when us guys went to lunch the one day)
Boomer has become a dear friend to me and my wife
Got to eat sushi with Matt and Boom in NY and that was a blast
Me and Crisco have become good pals too.
Ben and Gymcoach let me crash with them and me and Ben ended up hanging at the airport for an hour or so before our home flights (great guy)
Gymcoach and I grabbed breakfast one morning in Vegas while Ben slept and had a great time
Jonlion and I grabbed a couple pints with our ladies in NYC when he was here. Fantastic guy.

Haven't met anyone I didn't get along with (they may tell ya different)

I want to meet everyone else. mac and I have become buddies on here so that would be cool and of course I got to meet Mark H. someday
Next time the Dave comet passes through I'll make the extra effort to track him down
Chuck too.
Yes, Mike, we have got to meet up!

[
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 PM
surveyorshawn

I met Rev and his wife. They came to the hospital during my son Benaiah's stay for his heart surgery. Great awesome people!! I would love to meet some more of you guys. I wanted to meet Dave on his trip to the US last year, but work kept me busy. Maybe I can meet some of you Floridians when I take Benaiah to meet his Grandpa in St. Augustine for the first time this summer! It would be cool if there was a UFC that weekend and we could hook up to hang out and watch it
Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 PM

Chuck would be great to hang with also.. IMO..