Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
My mom used the hot wheels tracks. It delivered a better sting on the butt and she didn't have to break her hand off in the process. My dad didn't need that. The belt worked just fine for him.
Hot wheel tracks, thanks for reminding me, I remember I shot my fat cousin,(yes everybody has one) in the neck with a BB gun, and my Dad didnt like him anyway, so he takes me and my Brother in a bedroom and he tells us, now everytime I hit this bed with the belt you guys scream like I am killing you, so we made it sound good so my cousin's parents thought we got beat for doing it. My Dad was my Hero!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
CAVEMAN

I got spankings, slaps on the hands, pinches, THE LOOK!

My dad would sometimes pick me up by the back of my hair and let me dangle for a few seconds. That would always hurt and get my attention real quick.

The rod was not spared in my house and I'm thankful for it!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Twinsmama

I was spanked (never w/ anything but a hand) and my kids are spanked (also never w/ anything but a hand). My kids are 5 but act respectful. I hope it continues....not sure what I'll do when they get older. At least these days there are a lot of things to take from them...computers, phones, wii, 4 wheelers....(my kids of course don't have most of these yet)
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Hot wheel tracks, thanks for reminding me, I remember I shot my fat cousin,(yes everybody has one) in the neck with a BB gun, and my Dad didnt like him anyway, so he takes me and my Brother in a bedroom and he tells us, now everytime I hit this bed with the belt you guys scream like I am killing you, so we made it sound good so my cousin's parents thought we got beat for doing it. My Dad was my Hero!!!!
i had a principal do that with me one time. i was in elementary school and there was a bully in my class. i was playing kick ball he was playing dodge ball. i was on my base and he hit me in the head with a dodge ball. i told him twice not to do it again. well he was 6'3" 200lb in elementary school so he got away with a lot. the third time i walked up punched him in the nose when he fell i was right on top of him. i went to the principals office and the principal smacked the desk with the paddle and told me to act real upset when i left. he didn't want the other boys mom showing up asking why i didn't get punishment. the plan went off with out a hitch.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Stump Rules!

I don't even remember...what does that tell ya?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
timmyja

My mom was more of the corporal punisher, somebody mentioned a hot wheels track and I definitely have my own experience with that. LOL My dad would administer a spanking (hand only)only after a well thought out lecture, and in time I grew to hate the lectures more than the spankings. Hindsight 20/20, I deserved them all, as I was always in trouble as a kid. If anything they definitely taught me respect for my elders and that there were consequences for my actions. MUCH more effective than the current timeout system that most parents seem to use today.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Mac

I was Spanked lol , and i think im a better person because of it . If i did something dumb then i was gonna get punished. kept me out of alot of trouble in my later years and i thank my parents for it.

I actually look back and laugh about some of the times i was spanked.

Once me and my brother were tormenting our sisters inthe next room . We were roughhousing and wouldnt go to bed . Laughing and having a grand ole time. So after my mom yelled up the stairs at us for the 30 bajillionth time she said " Thats enough come down stairs" We both grabbed the table and were ready for our punishment . So mom grabs the fly swatter and gives my brother a couple smacks on the hind end . His responce was to giggle. Which made me giggle . So mom spanked my hind end to which i busted out laughing because it didnt hurt. So theres my mom swatting my and my brother with a fly swatter using the big plastic swatter part , and me and him are laughing so hard we were almost in tears .

So She then sat us down at the table and made us write sentances , that sucked worse than the spanking lol.

And then the other funny one was again , same thing , rough housing and picking on our sisters. So By this time mom gave up spanking us and gave the duty to my dad. Now my dad liked to watch the news , stretched out on the floor with his big pillow , very rarely sat in a chair. And when he gave us our spankins he wouldnt even get up , we were suppose to lay over his hip and get our whoopin . Well me and Mikey had it all planned out . We would take our sisters little metal cake pans and put them in our pants over our butts,, this would get ole Dad we thought. So we stuff the cake pans down the back of our jeans and my brother is first up . Dad swatted him once , then looked at us , started laughing as we did and sent us back upstairs .

My son Boone has had his share of spankins , but you know what . He hasnt had a spankin in probably 4 years, There is no need to , He knows how to act and not to do that stuff that causes spankins. I took him to an over night birthday party a month ago and when i went and picked him up , his friends parents met me at the door and said out of the 12 boys that were there , They liked having Boone there the most because he was the most well behaved kid they had ever met.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post

My dad did almost the same thing with me and one of my cousins .

I cracked him several good wallops with one of those plastic bowling pins and my dad caught me .

Pretty much the same thing you described followed ha ha ha/
Old 03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
timmyja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

So She then sat us down at the table and made us write sentances , that sucked worse than the spanking lol.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Those started around when I was twelve, my dad stole the idea from my sixth grade teacher. I even tried to reason with him that I would much rather take a whoopin' then spend hours scribbling sentences. One time he made this long drawn out sentence, and I had to write double because I told him it was a run-on. Worst punishment ever.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
If she was on the phone and we were making too much noise and she had to tell us to be quite more than twice, she would tell her friend in Italian "hold on a minute". When we heard that we knew what that meant and we would all scatter in different directions figuring she couldn't catch all of us. So whoever was slowest took one for the team.
LOL, we were the same, if I could run by dad quick enough he couldn't manage to swat me.