Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2010, 11:35 AM
KevinD

Yes I was spanked....and looking back was glad I was. I deserved it. I got the belt, wooden spoon, hot wheels track, flyswater. I was never beaten with that but it was applied to my rear end.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I asked for it and if my kids ask for it, I'll give it to them.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
rearnakedchoke

i was beat like a stepchild .... and deserved it most of the time ... after a while it didn't feel like much ... haha ... i agree though, there is a difference between a whoopin and abuse ... i was never left with injuries or marks .. come to think of it, my parents were pretty good at it ... even today they wouldn't have had an issue with CAS ... LOL ... now marks and bruises? heh, i had three older brothers ... that is a whole different story ..
Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
Yes I was spanked....and looking back was glad I was. I deserved it. I got the belt, wooden spoon, hot wheels track, flyswater. I was never beaten with that but it was applied to my rear end.
Hot wheels track? That's a new one to me. Sounds like your parents were opportunistic discipliners. Just use whatever's nearby. haha
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 PM

Our mom used her hand, the belt and the wooden spoon. She was never one to just hit us for every little thing we might have done, but when she told us something she expected to be minded. My mom's Italian and even though we never learned the language, there were certain words/phrases that we understood. If she was on the phone and we were making too much noise and she had to tell us to be quite more than twice, she would tell her friend in Italian "hold on a minute". When we heard that we knew what that meant and we would all scatter in different directions figuring she couldn't catch all of us. So whoever was slowest took one for the team.