Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 AM
AMJ

Default Were you spanked/hit as a kid?

Just curious as to your upbringing and if you treat your kids the same way.

I'm not talking about child abuse by the way, I simply mean if you were acting like a brat how would your parents punish/discipline you?

Don't you find kids are being coddled in this generation? I saw a little kid telling his Mother to shutup in the Mall today and I was disgusted at how any parent would let their child speak to them like that.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I was spanked with a belt... and when my mom would be really angry... she would swing the belt buckle.... and I had stuff thrown with me ... It was abuse.. and I swore I would never do that to my kids.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Silverback

Heck yeah, I was whipped, never beat, was corrected for doing something wrong, didnt hurt me, My mom would get a weeping willow switch and that baby wouuld wrap around like a whip, hurt like hell. Funny, she would say, This is going to hurt me more then it is you, DUH.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:57 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

My mom would try to shame us into "behaving". And she would smack us on the leg or bottom with her hand. My great-aunt babysat us when we were little and she used a switch. My aunt on dad's side would use her flip-flop. Paternal Granny would pinch us. lol. Maternal Granny never even raised her voice. (I never misbehaved with her. Odd, huh?) My later step-mother gave you the silent treatment until you caved. lol. (HATED THAT!) My dad was a very large man and did physical labor daily. He was terrifying and he whipped me and my sister when I was 4 and she 6. At the time, I thought he was going to kill us. He didn't have to do it again until I was 11. When he whipped me then I was pretty much positive he was going to kill me. (That time was a hilarous story. Now, not funny then.) That is the last one that I remember.

Oh! And we recieved paddlings at school. They didn't have to call your parents back then.

Dang! I didn't realize so many people got to whip my butt.