Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think even the best parents will end up having kids who engage in sex. The temptation is too strong for any type of parenting to be 100% effective. You can do a great job and hope for the best, but the truth is, some kids will still experiment. Especially with boys. If they get the chance, most likely they'll go for it.

Especially with Boy and Girls... if it was just boys.. there wouldn't be so many 12-16 year old girls having kids...

Quote:
I agree you should do your best to encourage them to wait, but also educate them to use protection if they decide to do it anyway.
Not just encourage them to wait.. educate them on the consequences of having sex... "it's fun... it's great..... But ALSO... it comes with a HUGE price..."... Children, loss of your own freedom, STDs, DEATH....

express what you are looking for in your child, share your own mistakes, talk about the religious aspects of sex..

tossing a condom at a girl or a boy and saying... "If your going to do it. at least use this.." is like giving a kid a gun and telling them where the shooting range is.... It's not enough and irresponsible.

my daughter is 7 and she knows "where babies come from".. not the actual process yet...
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

this makes me sad. our society is broken
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I guess teachers in Switzerland are having sex with their students too.

Xbox and Playstation just don't deliver the same satisfaction. I can see the advertisement now:

"When Xbox and Playstation don't cut it, HotShot it!"

Last edited by rockdawg21; 03-22-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, it is possible to successfully teach kids to abstain from sex. My brother and I were not sexually active at all when we were under 18, but that was because my parents took a very active role in teaching us about sex early on and monitoring what we watched on TV and who we spent our time with outside of school.

To say "you need to abstain from sex, but just in case you feel the urge, then you should use a condom" completely destroys any message of abstinence.

Let's see if we can apply that logic to other moral issues:

"You should never commit murder, but just in case someone really pisses you off, then shoot them in the head because it's quick and painless."

"You should never steal, but just in case you really really want something, then make sure it costs less than $3000, because you won't be charged with a felony."

"You should never beat your wife, but just in case you lose your temper and can't control yourself, then use a bar of soap wrapped in a towel because it won't leave any marks."

Now I don't think anyone would be mistaken for a good parent if they taught their children those philosophies. So why should a person who teaches their children to be slaves to their sexual urges be considered a good or responsible parent?
i agree, but the examples you gave are not only immoral, but illegal ... kids these days are having sex because they may not be fully aware of the negative consequences .... i don't know if a lot of kids are aware of how serious an STD or teen pregnancy is ... and if they are, they just don't care ... but, yes, it is possible to teach children about waiting til they are adults ...
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
how do you know that Nate ?

After ten years in the Army, you learn some tricks.

Actually, no, I learned it from watching Full Metal Jacket when I was in high school.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Good Lord in heaven, what next?
condoms for 7 year old boys, logically...
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
After ten years in the Army, you learn some tricks.

Actually, no, I learned it from watching Full Metal Jacket when I was in high school.
haha that movie is hilarious and awesome

SHOW ME YOUR WAR CRY!!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:29 AM
DonnaMaria

During recess at my school a group of kindergarten students discovered a condom left on the playground.........but thankfully no one knew what it was.........so they left it alone and alerted their teacher........

when she saw it she SCREAMED "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!"

( she is about 60 years old and REALLY clever)

she continued

"That's the fossil of a prehistoric fish! I canít believe itís here! It must have washed to the surface with the last rain!

Letís go inside and tell the principal! Scientists will have to come and examine it and collect it! These things are really rare so if you ever see one you MUST NOT TOUCH IT!!!!"

Unfortunately that was not the last prehistoric fish fossil to wash to the surface of our playground.

But thanks to Ms. Jones......the proper authorities are always alerted.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 AM
County Mike

Some people getting busy on the elementary school playground. That just seems wrong.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 AM
DonnaMaria

well.......we have a REALLY big play structure.........

it's private........there are lots of places to hide in it.........

the mulch is the rubber stuff......it's really soft........

it's the perfect place for a little "romance"