Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default 4 games in 4 days

One of my best friends flew in from Chicago last week and we decided to hit it hard this weekend

We went to the Chicago Cubs vs Chicago White Sox at Camelback Ranch on Friday for a Spring Training game....

The White Sox and the Dodgers actually share this facility for Spring Training

Then we went to the Chicago Blackhawks vs Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday. Neither of us had ever been to a professional Hockey game, although we both like the sport and have a deep respect for it. We were truly lucky to witness such a good game. Not only did it hold significance to the regular season by having two of the top teams at the time playing each other, but it also was a great, hard fought, game that ended up going to a shootout. Can't ask for much more on your first time!

Then, last night, we traveled to my favorite place...US Airways Center in Phoenix, to watch the Suns vs the Portland Trailblazers. Anytime I get to travel to what is commonly known in the Valley of the Sun as the "Purple Palace", or "Planet Orange", I am a happy man. Still, it makes me happier that I got to share that experience with a great friend who loves the sport as much as I do, and could embrace being a Suns fan even if just for one night.

This picture is of the Fox Sports Arizona Suns Post Game Show that they air live outside of the arena after every home game.
That is Suns legend Tom Chambers on the right.

Later today, we are going to watch the Chicago Cubs vs the Cleveland Indians right here at HoHoKam Park in Mesa for another, Cactus League, Spring Training game, and I will post those pics when I get them. Still, this is definitely the most games I've been to in such a short amount of time, and it's been a ton of fun.

Last edited by J.B.; 03-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.