Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-19-2010, 03:08 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
Never know until you try it! Oh, my mother hates it too, but a girls gotta live!!!
ohmygosh!!!! my MOM!!!!

Even worse! My DAD!

He would probably take a metal bar to the thing!

The Vespa is looking better and better.........
Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
DonnaMaria

okay! Update! I'm NOT getting a motorcycle! Because I had a SIGN!!!! Yes! A sign!!!!

And it was in the FORM of a motorcycle!!!!! And I was almost KILLED by one!!!!

WHILE I WAS WALKING!!!!!!! TODAY!!!! FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!!

I was getting the mail.......and I had it in my hand....and I looked up to cross the street to my house....and I saw the headlight of the bike.....and it was far away.......so I started to cross.........

and when I was in the middle of the road I realized that HE WAS ABOUT 500 FEET FROM ME! AND I FROZE!!!! ON THE YELLOW LINE!!!!!!!!!!

AND HE SWERVED AROUND ME!!!!! AND ALMOST LOST IT!!!!! I THREW MY HANDS UP INTO THE AIR!!! AND SCREAMED! MAIL WENT EVERYWHERE!

I was frozen!!!! I started crying. The guy turned around and came back towards me. I ran onto my porch thinking he was going to come after me for almost killing him............

He parked in my driveway and picked up my mail in the street........came to the porch......

I was still crying ( im very emotional )

he took off his helmet.....it was a KID!!!!! ( okay maybe 21??!?! A kid to me! After all, I'm a grandmother according to Brad.)

APOLOGIZED!!!!!! he said he was going too fast.

The guy from across the street came over, because he saw the whole thing. Started yelling at the kid.......

The kid apologized again........left………

I am still in shock.

My guy across the street, a former state trooper, guesses that the kid was probably going around 100 mph. That’s why I didn’t expect him to reach me when he did…..

my road is posted for 45 mph
Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

ohh no! Thats horrible!!

But I think the thought of you crying in the street is even worse.

It was good of the biker to come back and appologise though...that would NEVER happen in this country
Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 PM
DonnaMaria

Aww Dave, actually I cry a lot, so that isn't really that remarkable.

Sicilians.......we cry. We eat and we cry and we yell. We have a lot of passion.

I'm still stunned. I had to drive my girls all over the place and I am still kind of in shock. It's one of those things where nothing DID happen, but if things had been just a tiny bit different

it could have been REALLY bad.

( and my neighbor wasn't that impressed with the kid's apology. He thinks he did it so I wouldn't call the police on him........lol)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Mac

Thats a bad situation with the kid on the motorcycle Donna .

true story , just last year there was an elderly woman who lived on a rural road about 7 miles from me here. She was walking back across the road after getting her mail , and 3 younger guys on motorcycles came up really fast and one of them hit her head on . It killed her instantly .

So yes you were very lucky.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:50 PM
DonnaMaria

He was lightening fast! Really! I just couldn't believe it! I couldn't believe he could be going THAT fast!

When I was about 10 feet from my mailbox......and I realized that I wasn't going to make it across the street before he got to me.......

oh...............that was a bad feeling..........a bad BAD feeling.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Aww Dave, actually I cry a lot, so that isn't really that remarkable.

Sicilians.......we cry. We eat and we cry and we yell. We have a lot of passion.

I'm still stunned. I had to drive my girls all over the place and I am still kind of in shock. It's one of those things where nothing DID happen, but if things had been just a tiny bit different

it could have been REALLY bad.

( and my neighbor wasn't that impressed with the kid's apology. He thinks he did it so I wouldn't call the police on him........lol)
I cant bear the thought of women crying...I just find that whole mental image one of the worst imaginable.

I am glad that nothing did go wrong. One must always be grateful. It does say in the Psalms that GOD can command his Hosts to "encamp" around, and to "protect" those who he loves.

Like I said...I think you should stick to skydiving
Old 03-20-2010, 12:20 AM
DonnaMaria

Well I cry a lot......it's my nature.......lol.

But today I REALLY had something to cry about!

And I agree! I am blessed to be alive. I was thanking God as I ran up to my porch!

"Thank you Jesus! Thank you God! Please don't let him kill me now! Please!"

Shock. I'm in shock. I don't know if I am more in shock because I didn't get struck, or because he didn't kick my a$$ when he came back.........
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Well I cry a lot......it's my nature.......lol.

But today I REALLY had something to cry about!

And I agree! I am blessed to be alive. I was thanking God as I ran up to my porch!

"Thank you Jesus! Thank you God! Please don't let him kill me now! Please!"

Shock. I'm in shock. I don't know if I am more in shock because I didn't get struck, or because he didn't kick my a$$ when he came back.........

That's super scary. I would have ended up in jail for attacking him when he got on my porch.

~Amy
Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
That's super scary. I would have ended up in jail for attacking him when he got on my porch.

~Amy
No you wouldnt...He would have just ended up a "missing person"

people like you dont get caught