Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Robertboxerboy

Default Dont know what to name this one.

So I go to church every wednesday for worship and sermon and such. BUT, my dad has never REALLY gone to church I think he went once but that was years ago. My mom used to go with me when I was a little kid and wanted to find a church to go to, but i was around 7 then. I really dont know how to get them to go to church with me, my dad owns his own biz and is constantly bogged down with work. My mom could easily go, that goes with my sisters also. I just dont want to be at the gates and hear my name called just to see that my family and friends are not there to share Heaven with me. So hwo do I push them to get saved and love jesus and his father and worship them?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure why you're so concerned with them going to church since that has absolutely nothing to do with whether they will go to Heaven or not. If they won't go to church, then it's up to you to witness to them and lead them to Christ. Dragging them to some building on Sunday morning against their will is not going to accomplish anything.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Stump Rules!

I heart NateR!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
So I go to church every wednesday for worship and sermon and such. BUT, my dad has never REALLY gone to church I think he went once but that was years ago. My mom used to go with me when I was a little kid and wanted to find a church to go to, but i was around 7 then. I really dont know how to get them to go to church with me, my dad owns his own biz and is constantly bogged down with work. My mom could easily go, that goes with my sisters also. I just dont want to be at the gates and hear my name called just to see that my family and friends are not there to share Heaven with me. So hwo do I push them to get saved and love jesus and his father and worship them?
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of church do you attend? Is God's Word upheld and taught? Does your church have an outreach program for drawing in non-members? For example, does your pastor have a "house call" or visitaition night set aside once a week? Perhaps he could visit your parents and speak with them.

But I agree with Nate. Instead of asking or nagging(as they might see it) your parents to go to church, you need to be an example by witnessing to them, praying for them, and most of all living a life in accordance with God's Word through faith & spiritual growth. Once we are saved and have a right relationship with Jesus Christ, we are called to grow in the Grace and Knowledge of HIM! I do not know you personally, so I can only hope & pray that you have this relationship. Feel free to send me a PM if you have more questions!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Chris F

The best sermons are seen not heard. Just plant seeds and water them and let God do the harvesting.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 AM
annamal

Have you invited them to go with you? I know it's complicated when it's family. I'm working on this too.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:28 AM
donaldbreland

First of all I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum who posts under this section. I have learned so much because of ya'll. If I can give you any advice it would be to pray. Just pray for them every night that they find it in their hearts to accept Jesus as their Lord and savior. If you pray it will be answered. Always think positive and never negative. Remember life and death is in the power of the tongue. To me that means if you think only positive thought then positive things will happen. God Bless you Brother and you will now be in my prayers.