Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Rev

Well, We only got to get one hog. I was hoping for at least 4. I think Todd and his cousin had a good time, I know I did. Todd and Phillip are great people, super guys and fun to be around. Any of you Il. people who get the chance to hang out with them, do it.

Next time they come down, we are going to the river and hunting the hogs that arent scared of people so they can really see some action.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Oddtodd76

just got home a few hours ago. unpacked my stuff...I gotta lay down for a bit! I am beat!
Swamp/jungle/whatever that is hunting is much tougher on boys that hunt around thickets and oak trees!
We drove straight through again. Gonna get a nap and will post later.

Todd
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Oddtodd76

Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
Dude, that's a sweet pic! I feel like I'm in a FPS!!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:04 AM
surveyorshawn

Oh, I see from that first pic that you guys weren't really hunting in the thick stuff. Maybe you can get back into the deep woods on your next trip....
Old 03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Oh, I see from that first pic that you guys weren't really hunting in the thick stuff. Maybe you can get back into the deep woods on your next trip....
the best way i could describe it is....there is a reason you don't see Giraffe's in the swamp! HAHAHAHA
That was the only time in my life that i wished i was shorter.

I still have to post all my stories...i was just too tired last night. I will start posting tonight.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Stump Rules!

And it took 10 guys, six dogs and twelve guns for this little piggy? Nice

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Rev

there were no guns when we had the dogs. lol
we still had a blast, there is nothing like the feeling when you hear the dogs get on a hog.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Oddtodd76

I will have to post in parts today... I am at work in a major audit.

So, my cousin and i started our trip down to Louisiana. When we crossed out of Illinois, we were allowed to conceal and carry(per our permit). We stopped at a gas station. My cousin asked if i waqs gonna take a pistol in. I told him yes, it is our right and our freedom to now, so yes. Well, we both packed and walked in. I went into the restroom and while i was in there a meth head or crackhead walked in and started staring at me. I thought i was gonna get jumped or mugged. I walked out of the restroom and the two clerks were screaming that they just went around the corner. they just went around the corner! I had no idea what was going on. I walked outside and cop cars flew into the parking lot. they grabbed someone at the corner of the gas station. and then the meth head walked out, seen the cops and went back in. The clerks told him to get out and locked the doors behind them. ANd then the cops grabbed the meth head too. We got in our vehicles and left. My cousin and i don't know what the heck happened at that gas station, but we were talking about how it was worth it to take the conceal carry class! HAHAAHAHA you never know what might happen. Well, back to work! will post the next segment later!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Oddtodd76

So, we arrived in Franlinton, La. I didn't know what to expect. Never have been to Louisiana. I was happy to see that they had a mcdonalds! I knew it would be somewhat civilized! LOL
We got our hotel and then went and met David aka Rev. Soon as we met him, he started feeding us. The guy makes good chili. We then began the redneck ritual of eating deer sausage and jerky. hahaha you can't hunt without it!
So we headed out and went hunting. They put me on a spot called the "booger pit". Best way to describe it is smelling a septic tank. nuthin but hog poopoo and peepee down at the bottom.
When it got close to dark, you could hear them piggies rooting around, walking through the water, etc. They were real close! They just wouldnt come out to my shooting lane. It was gettin dark, so we left.

next chapter to come soon.