Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Waiting for June 6th

Default Starting an education NateR would be proud of

Back in 2006, Marvel released a 5 part DVD series that contained all X-Men issues to date. I just downloaded DVD #1 which includes the first 93 issues of The Uncanny X-Men (1963-1975) as well as the first 25 annuals (1965-2001). I'm really stoked about this. I've loved the X-Men for awhile, but my only real knowledge of the story lines was mainly thansk to the animated TV show & the arcade game (please, NateR, don't strike me down for my impurity!). Anyhow, now that I'm out of college, I figured I should start educating myself on what's truly important!

First comment: Beast was a lot crasser in the original! He gets pissed easily & within 3 pages of first meeting Jean Grey, he's already getting handsy & trying to make-out with her!!!

O, & "Slim" Summers?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:55 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I don't have a lot of free time on my hands so I look forward to your short but informative summaries. Oh, and of course, your own witty input on the story.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Waiting for June 6th

There are a coupla things I'm really excited about: my 3 favorite mutants are easily Beast, Iceman & Angel. Since they're 3 of the original 5 X-Men, I'm stoked that I'll get to watch their characters grow from right off the bat. The coolest thing is that these 3 characters under-go some of the greatest aesthetic changes as their stories are developed & these physical changes mimic their internal maturation.

On top of that, I'm going to enjoy just being able to immerse myself in this facet of Stan Lee's universe & try to understand his world-view & the underlying premise he's trying to promote. Now that I'm old enough to realize that there's subtext to everything, whether intended or not, I'm interested to see how subtle Stan & Co. were.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

The title of this thread is perfect buzzard bait...

Clearly you are only reading X-Men to suck up to N