Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Agreed.

It's probably time to hang em up.
Do you think Nathan Diaz should hang em up to...did you know...if he loses his next fight it will be four losses in five fights Yeah...I had to double check to be sure....I couldnt believe it...ive always though he was really good

okay so most of his losses are decision...but still
Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Do you think Nathan Diaz should hang em up to...did you know...if he loses his next fight it will be four losses in five fights Yeah...I had to double check to be sure....I couldnt believe it...ive always though he was really good

okay so most of his losses are decision...but still
Nate Diaz is just about to turn 25, and he only has 16 fights. You are also hinging that scenario on Nate losing his next fight, and even then it would only be 4 of his last 5. Regardless, Nate is young and has plenty of time to turn his career around.

Jens is in a completely different situation. He is 35 years old, and has fought 36 fights. At that age, when you have only won 1 of your last 8 fights, it is probably time to think about hanging them up. If Jens still wants to fight, he should consider chasing after one last big payday, because the door is pretty much closed on his career at this point, and any sort of run at a title is pretty much out of the question.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Nate Diaz is just about to turn 25, and he only has 16 fights. You are also hinging that scenario on Nate losing his next fight, and even then it would only be 4 of his last 5. Regardless, Nate is young and has plenty of time to turn his career around.

Jens is in a completely different situation. He is 35 years old, and has fought 36 fights. At that age, when you have only won 1 of your last 8 fights, it is probably time to think about hanging them up. If Jens still wants to fight, he should consider chasing after one last big payday, because the door is pretty much closed on his career at this point, and any sort of run at a title is pretty much out of the question.
I dont think he cares about a title...and if he doesnt land the commentating thing...I just dont feel he will be able to stay retired forever

As for Nathan...If he fails again, do you think they will cast him out of the UFC
Old 03-15-2010, 12:00 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I dont think he cares about a title...and if he doesnt land the commentating thing...I just dont feel he will be able to stay retired forever

As for Nathan...If he fails again, do you think they will cast him out of the UFC
Maybe, maybe not. They tend to give their TUF winners some slack, but we will see.