Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Mac

Default Hunnert Car Pileup , moved to Decatur

Ok , i know theres a handful of car guys here so i figured i would post this .

The biggest 1 day traditional hotrod show on the country has been moved to Progress city in Decatur Illinois . It has been held the last 5 years i believe clear up in Morris IL but has outgrown those fair grounds. Last year there were parts of the interstate that were shutting down because of the sheer amount of cars and spectators. It has gotten bigger and bigger every year and it came time to move it to Decatur to the Progress city grounds which were designed to hold just the farm progress show , so it is more than big enough to hold this show. There are expectations of over 2500 cars this year .

What sets this show apart from the other 98% of car shows out there is this one has guidelines and criteria . If you dont fit in then your not getting through the gate. Finally a car show where i dont have to look at a row of open 97 mustang hoods to catch a glimpse of one tail fin on a 50's car. Or some kid in his brand new dakota with neon lights parked beside a 1987 ltd with wire wheels .

This show is TRADITIONAL hotrods . Nothing after 1964 is let in the gate, If it has 1 spec of billet aluminum , its not getting through the gate , If its a fender less car it cannot have independant front suspension ,if it has digital gauges , your not getting in . If you trailer your car , its not getting in . Its a show for real world hotrods , not boyd coddington art deco piles . Admission is only 5 bucks and all money raised is donated to charities , The Chrome Czars is the car club that puts ont he show every year and last year they were able to donate over 15,000 dollars to Charities which is awsome. It is going to be a great time . So if your into old cars and in the area plan on going . Oct 9th. 2010 . Hopefully ill have my 55 done and on the road in time.

Heres a link
http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/pictures