Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 AM
atomdanger

Default Cruiserweight Champion B.J. Flores to MMA

Quote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/3/9/...iserweight-b-j

Current undefeated NABO Cruiserweight Champion B.J. Flores is planning on becoming the next world class boxer to make the transition to mixed martial arts.

After fielding interest from several major promotions, the 31-year-old San Francisco native has agreed in principle to a non-exclusive, multi-fight contract with Shine Fights.

MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) confirmed the pending deal with sources close to the negotiations earlier today.

Any boxing guys know anything about him? Chances?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

He is from Chandler AZ, number 4 ranked Cruiserweight in the world right now, 24-0 in his pro career, but he hasn't fought anybody of recognition, and truth be told there really ain't much competition in the Cruiserweight division now that David Haye went to Heavyweight. Flores is a big guy, about 6'2 with an 80 inch reach, so that is always a plus. He's a bit flat-footed, but he packs a lot of KO power, especially in his right hand. Just like trying to break down anybody else, it's hard to say how he will actually look in MMA.

I gotta wonder if Mayorga is somehow involved with Flores coming to Shine fights. I've never even heard of Shine fights until recently.

Also, the NABO is whack, lol
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

He's afraid of Floyd's new campaign for USADA testing - he bailed from boxing
Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
He is from Chandler AZ, number 4 ranked Cruiserweight in the world right now, 24-0 in his pro career, but he hasn't fought anybody of recognition, and truth be told there really ain't much competition in the Cruiserweight division now that David Haye went to Heavyweight. Flores is a big guy, about 6'2 with an 80 inch reach, so that is always a plus. He's a bit flat-footed, but he packs a lot of KO power, especially in his right hand. Just like trying to break down anybody else, it's hard to say how he will actually look in MMA.

I gotta wonder if Mayorga is somehow involved with Flores coming to Shine fights. I've never even heard of Shine fights until recently.

Also, the NABO is whack, lol
Whats the deal with NABO?

I read up on him a little, and pretty much every site I could find mentioned that he has really avoided tough fights
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
He's afraid of Floyd's new campaign for USADA testing - he bailed from boxing
Hmmm....I only know of one boxer who didn't want to take those tests...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Whats the deal with NABO?

I read up on him a little, and pretty much every site I could find mentioned that he has really avoided tough fights
The NABO is just a branch of the WBO, it's titles are barely worth the sanctioning fee the fighters have to pay to fight for it.

There are a few people BJ hasn't fought, like Steve Cunningham, Tomasz Adamek, and Vassilly Jirov. However, that BS doesn't mean crap. Every boxer gets accused of ducking people or avoiding certain fights. It is the de-facto argument that people try to make when they are either talking up one fighter or down-playing another. Fighters are in this business to make money and build a legacy, but the fights that fans want most don't always get made right when they want them because of a TON of different factors. So, without going back over the timeline of events and breaking down each individual fight and what happened around those times, it's pointless to say that a fighter "ducked" somebody else.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

WTF....there isnt enough room in MMA for ONE BJ...let alone TWO