Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Tithing was reinforced by the NT writers.
where?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
No sir it does not require a quote, That is pretty petty of you to even say and prove your moral character. So how about you and I return to our agreement and you stop trumpeting your manliness and refrain from any more of your juvenile insults.

OMT- God does not hear the prayers of the unrighteous so by all means save your breathe. That metor will not be coming anytime soon.
If it doesn't require a quote what on earth are you talking about???? Do you really consider "Book, chapter and verse please?" to be engaging you??? And I'M the one who's petty??????????

You're an idiot.... and that's not a juvenile insult.. it's a fact! What on earth would you know about moral character?? I've yet to see you display any character period and your morals are sketchy at best. Perhaps you should go make a friend so he can help you with that plank in your eye??

And I'm truly hurt that you think my insults are juvenile... I happen to think that some of them are quite creative!! But perhaps those are over your head?

And now I'm unrighteous??? Wow.... you're on a roll Chris!! Read your Bible much Chris? Who is righteous according to the Bible??? I guess only you?

But you're right... a meteor was a bit of a stretch... I should have gone with a runaway freight train instead.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
where?
Already provided many verses in this thread. In Jesus' time and the NT writers tithing was more of a tax. So they tend ot write more on giving then tithing as a rule. But when you look at the context of the entirety of scripture you see the theme is to tithe. So unless you cherry pick and ignore the Jewish roots of the gospel there is no way to deny it.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
If it doesn't require a quote what on earth are you talking about???? Do you really consider "Book, chapter and verse please?" to be engaging you??? And I'M the one who's petty??????????

You're an idiot.... and that's not a juvenile insult.. it's a fact! What on earth would you know about moral character?? I've yet to see you display any character period and your morals are sketchy at best. Perhaps you should go make a friend so he can help you with that plank in your eye??

And I'm truly hurt that you think my insults are juvenile... I happen to think that some of them are quite creative!! But perhaps those are over your head?

And now I'm unrighteous??? Wow.... you're on a roll Chris!! Read your Bible much Chris? Who is righteous according to the Bible??? I guess only you?

But you're right... a meteor was a bit of a stretch... I should have gone with a runaway freight train instead.
No meteor fits your sophomoric personality much better. Stick with that. If you seriously think you can live in unrepentant sin and still be heard by God it is you who has not read their bible much. Many are called few are chosen. SO if I were you I'd worry less on my walk and do everything I can to make your own calling sure as Peter commands in his epistle. Some of the things you say and promote on here ar enot Christlike so excuse me if I do not find your litmus test of morality acceptable to judge me. So unless you have something that pertains to tithing just stop posting and wasting an honest thread to attempt to rekindle your crusade against me. I am sorry my very presence convicts you so much.. Good luck with that I have no desire to sling mud with you. God bless.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 AM

"Can we all get along?"
Old 03-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post

"Can we all get along?"
I wish we could. Some just do not like me and yet they do not even know me. I have no doubt Chuck means well and thinks he is being geniune. But that does not excuse anything either of us has done. I truly hope we can learn to get along.