Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default proof that Animals do have Spirits

How does a Pig become possessed by demons, without having a spirit in the first place. Bless them how the pigs response was to drown themselves

They came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gerasenes. [20] 2 And when Jesus [21] had stepped out of the boat, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit. 3 He lived among the tombs. And no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain, 4 for he had often been bound with shackles and chains, but he wrenched the chains apart, and he broke the shackles in pieces. No one had the strength to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones. 6 And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him. 7 And crying out with a loud voice, he said, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me.” 8 For he was saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” 9 And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” He replied, “My name is Legion, for we are many.” 10 And he begged him earnestly not to send them out of the country. 11 Now a great herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside, 12 and they begged him, saying, “Send us to the pigs; let us enter them.” 13 So he gave them permission. And the unclean spirits came out, and entered the pigs, and the herd, numbering about two thousand, rushed down the steep bank into the sea and were drowned in the sea.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Hughes fanboy

In some obtuse way animals do recognize God. They, unlike us, do not sin, nor even doubt God even exists. THEY are HIS creation, they, like us recognize His existence in their hearts, tho they do not sit around and ponder it...they don't need to they don't have to worry about Judgement

The Psalmist wrote:
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." Psalm 150:6

Genesis 9:15 (post-flood) "I will remember my covenant between me (your God) and you (Noah) and all living creatures (animals included) of every kind.
Therefore, if it is written, and God made the covenant with them as he did with Noah, then the answer is very clear. All living things have knowledge of God."

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 03-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Ive read the begining of Genesis a billion times...and never picked up on that...not once

I just kinda laughed at how the pigs all decided to kill themselves...you know the saying of Jesus about if your eye causes you to sin, get rid of it...well the Animals seem to take quite an extreme view...possessed by demons...end ones life to avoid the evil I suppose...unless you want to say the pigs were driven mad...but I think not...because if you read the passage, the demons did not want to be freed of a host...so the last thing they would do is drive their new hosts into death...you can possess what gives up its Spirit...perhaps that is why GOD allowed it...the same end as if Jesus had forced them to leave the country...except they chose there own fate, a fate he knew would happen?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Hughes fanboy

Default don

21And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.

22And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

23And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

24But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.

25And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.

26And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

27And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

28And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

29And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Hughes fanboy

Default Don't forget Balaam's ass

21And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.

22And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

23And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

24But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.

25And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.

26And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

27And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down unde
r Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

28And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

29And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.

The ass knew the majesty of God. It was clear as day to it. It was used by God as a vehicle to communicate to Balaam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14120_Balaams_Ass_f.jpg (97.1 KB, 0 views)

Old 03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

are you saying that Balaam couldnt see the Host but the Donkey could...OR that the donkey and Balaam saw...but only the Donkey recognised
Old 03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
annamal

I always understood it that Balaam couldn't see the angel, only the donkey could. Otherwise he would have reacted to the angel rather than the donkey.