Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-05-2010, 03:29 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
thats why my wife can never get me to cut the grass...its just way to dangerous.

lol
not gonna lie, best reply eva
Old 03-05-2010, 04:04 AM

That is horrible. Mac is right though, this type of thing does happen a lot, but it's usually something flying off a big rig or someone's trailer on the freeway and going through someone's windshield. Some woman was killed last year while she was sitting at a red light at an intersection when a metal piece came from the highway above her and went through the driver's window. They mentioned in the story how many deaths had occurred the previous year in Houston from flying objects.

Every time I see a person on the highway on a motorcycle or someone in a convertible I think how exposed they are if something were to go flying their way. I've had my windshield cracked numerous times now when driving on the freeway; if it's able to do that you can only imagine what it would do to human flesh.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
It's like Final Destination.....
except that was with a Train not a tractor...but its the first thought that went through my head too
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
County Mike

Next thing you know, the goverment will try to take away our tractors and riding mowers. We'll have to apply for permits to mow and won't be able to mow within city limits. We'll need to take mowing education and safety courses.

One time I was driving my truck with the driver side window down. I drove past some guy using a weed whacker. He sent a rock through my open window that shattered my back window. I never saw the rock but I'm guessing it couldn't have missed my head by much.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
a friend of mine was bush hogging. his wife stepped out on the front porch and waved him in for lunch. he was going to make a pass about 100ft from the house before he stopped for lunch. he hit a rock and it hit his wife in the head. killed her instantly standing on the front porch. she was in her early 40's. very bad deal.

another friend was cleaning a fence row and his brother drove by and run over his foot. it cut all his toes off except the big toe. we were about 12 or 13 when that happen and to this day every one still calls him "one toe"

That's kinda mean...do you still call the other guy wife killer
Old 03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
1)Next thing you know, the goverment will try to take away our tractors and riding mowers. We'll have to apply for permits to mow and won't be able to mow within city limits. We'll need to take mowing education and safety courses.

2)One time I was driving my truck with the driver side window down. I drove past some guy using a weed whacker. He sent a rock through my open window that shattered my back window. I never saw the rock but I'm guessing it couldn't have missed my head by much.
So in regards to 2) are you saying 1) would be a good thing or a bad thing.

I was going to ask you if you'd still think the same answer if the rock hit you...but of course...for obvious reasons, in light of this thread, that would be mute
Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
County Mike

1 was actually a sarcastic reply about the way gov't tries to control our guns. Apparently, tractors and mowers are equally dangerous.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
in light of this thread, that would be mute
I think you mean it would be a moo point.
Mute means you can't talk.

A moo point is like a cow's opinion. Nobody cares. ("Friends" reference)