Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Right, so your answer is get another job? lol
Having a job and paying taxes SHOULD entitle you to health care.
No it shouldn't.

Having a job and paying taxes allows us to have the country that we have.. protection, freedom to choose.. and many many other things...

Health care is NOT a mandate. Because if it's a mandate.. what if I don't want what is "mandated".. What if part of the mandate is to not travel to another country... Government controlled health care is a BAD idea...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
That's because in the US.. you need to "do for yourself".. rather than have the government do for you..


really ?....so who pays to builds your roads and schools and airports? among other things.
why should the government do those things but not pay for the health care of the citizens of your country ?
so when you say you should do for yourself instead of have the government do for you....you really only mean that for certain situations.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
really ?....so who pays to builds your roads and schools and airports? among other things.
why should the government do those things but not pay for the health care of the citizens of your country ?
so when you say you should do for yourself instead of have the government do for you....you really only mean that for certain situations.

Roads, schools and airports are for everyone....to use as they see fit...

To mandate healthcare is to say... Me and the guy that is a drug dealing rapist, or some other "lesser person" falls under the same "scaling chart" as to what quality of care I get. That is a simple version...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

But you ARE precious... in a new born kitten kinda way...

2 week old kittens could never be that evil...
I can live with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdFRZe48Wl0
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
No it shouldn't.

Having a job and paying taxes allows us to have the country that we have.. protection, freedom to choose.. and many many other things...

Health care is NOT a mandate. Because if it's a mandate.. what if I don't want what is "mandated".. What if part of the mandate is to not travel to another country... Government controlled health care is a BAD idea...
I didn't say "Government controlled"

Too many right wing folks get caught up in the government controlled propaganda.
I am talking about a way for the government to pay for healthcare, not completely control it.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Roads, schools and airports are for everyone....to use as they see fit...

To mandate healthcare is to say... Me and the guy that is a drug dealing rapist, or some other "lesser person" falls under the same "scaling chart" as to what quality of care I get. That is a simple version...
Schools do people with no kids = no good.

Saying schools do everybody good is just like saying healthcare does everybody good.
an educated population is no good if they aren't a healthy one.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Schools do people with no kids = no good.

Saying schools do everybody good is just like saying healthcare does everybody good.
an educated population is no good if they aren't a healthy one.
not sure if I follow you, could u get Glenn Beck or Hanity to say that and we might get it.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I didn't say "Government controlled"

Too many right wing folks get caught up in the government controlled propaganda.
I am talking about a way for the government to pay for healthcare, not completely control it.

If the government pays for it.. they control it.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Schools do people with no kids = no good.

Saying schools do everybody good is just like saying healthcare does everybody good.
an educated population is no good if they aren't a healthy one.

Incorrect.....

Schooling makes the leaders of tomorrow... create the leaders in various fields... at the start at least. And public schools have enough troubles... I am more and more for home schooling.

Having health care is good for everyone.. but it's up to the individual to have it.. not the government to tell me what I need.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.