Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Right, so your answer is get another job? lol
Having a job and paying taxes SHOULD entitle you to health care.
No it shouldn't.

Having a job and paying taxes allows us to have the country that we have.. protection, freedom to choose.. and many many other things...

Health care is NOT a mandate. Because if it's a mandate.. what if I don't want what is "mandated".. What if part of the mandate is to not travel to another country... Government controlled health care is a BAD idea...
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
That's because in the US.. you need to "do for yourself".. rather than have the government do for you..

really ?....so who pays to builds your roads and schools and airports? among other things.
why should the government do those things but not pay for the health care of the citizens of your country ?
so when you say you should do for yourself instead of have the government do for you....you really only mean that for certain situations.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
really ?....so who pays to builds your roads and schools and airports? among other things.
why should the government do those things but not pay for the health care of the citizens of your country ?
so when you say you should do for yourself instead of have the government do for you....you really only mean that for certain situations.

Roads, schools and airports are for everyone....to use as they see fit...

To mandate healthcare is to say... Me and the guy that is a drug dealing rapist, or some other "lesser person" falls under the same "scaling chart" as to what quality of care I get. That is a simple version...
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

But you ARE precious... in a new born kitten kinda way...

2 week old kittens could never be that evil...
I can live with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdFRZe48Wl0
Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
No it shouldn't.

Having a job and paying taxes allows us to have the country that we have.. protection, freedom to choose.. and many many other things...

Health care is NOT a mandate. Because if it's a mandate.. what if I don't want what is "mandated".. What if part of the mandate is to not travel to another country... Government controlled health care is a BAD idea...
I didn't say "Government controlled"

Too many right wing folks get caught up in the government controlled propaganda.
I am talking about a way for the government to pay for healthcare, not completely control it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Roads, schools and airports are for everyone....to use as they see fit...

To mandate healthcare is to say... Me and the guy that is a drug dealing rapist, or some other "lesser person" falls under the same "scaling chart" as to what quality of care I get. That is a simple version...
Schools do people with no kids = no good.

Saying schools do everybody good is just like saying healthcare does everybody good.
an educated population is no good if they aren't a healthy one.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Rev

Quote:

Saying schools do everybody good is just like saying healthcare does everybody good.
not sure if I follow you, could u get Glenn Beck or Hanity to say that and we might get it.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
I didn't say "Government controlled"

Too many right wing folks get caught up in the government controlled propaganda.
I am talking about a way for the government to pay for healthcare, not completely control it.

If the government pays for it.. they control it.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:

Incorrect.....

Schooling makes the leaders of tomorrow... create the leaders in various fields... at the start at least. And public schools have enough troubles... I am more and more for home schooling.

Having health care is good for everyone.. but it's up to the individual to have it.. not the government to tell me what I need.