Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Take it with a grain of salt your better then that!! Don't let anyone get to you in the workplace..
Thanks Foxy Maybe I am overreacting...being dramatic. This thread has helped calm me down for sure.

Still, I feel like I can't go on without talking to my boss, or someone about how its bothering me. We have a bog board meeting on Friday. There are some things that will be shared regarding our progress since the new year on a case. I am worried that my end hasn't been strong as others and I will look bad, thus, invite more mockery.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 03-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Silverback

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
Hey Mac,

My goat don't want nuthin to do with you!
Mac is the GOAT MAGNET
Old 03-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Mac

Baa Baa Blacksheep baby!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Baa Baa Blacksheep baby!
Mac, is it true once you go Blacksheep, I just got to know.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Mac, is it true once you go Blacksheep, I just got to know.
I believe the saying goes , " Once you go blacksheep, Silverback was there first" sound right ?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Thanks Foxy Maybe I am overreacting...being dramatic. This thread has helped calm me down for sure.

Still, I feel like I can't go on without talking to my boss, or someone about how its bothering me. We have a bog board meeting on Friday. There are some things that will be shared regarding our progress since the new year on a case. I am worried that my end hasn't been strong as others and I will look bad, thus, invite more mockery.
Sometimes what you can do, Vizion, is take the wind out of their sails by beating them to the punch line. If it's the right situation, show 'em you can take a joke and make fun of yourself, diffuse the situation. If they know they're getting to you, they'll only continue.

I like to kid and joke especially with people I'm comfortable with, but it is something you have to be careful about in the work place.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I believe the saying goes , " Once you go blacksheep, Silverback was there first" sound right ?
Dam you
Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Garandshooter

I've absorbed many humorous insults, and given more then I would like to admit, But there is one thing that makes me want to knock some one out! I ABSOLUTELY hate when some one who never served in the military calls me a gay sailor. I told two guys this week the following " I'll take what ever is said about my service from a Marine, Soilder, or Airman with a smile, but a draft dodger like you has no right to insult my service. It happens to be one of the things in life I'm most proud of." I could tell it cut both individuals to the core, and what they got instead of me being insulted, was a deep sense of knowing I will always be a better man for what I've done.
Since we're on this topic, I'll have to admit I wish I could take back some of the comments I've made.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
County Mike

I'm all for friendly ribbing, but don't let it go too far. If someone says something that actually bothers you, call them on it. It could be as simple as:

"Hey! Joking around is cool but don't take it too far."

Most people will understand right away and re-think where the line is.

If that doesn't work, then just suck it up you big sissy!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Vizion, I've had it happen to me. I just make sure they see that I've overheard them and then just shake my head and say, "That's not cool" and then drop it. Then I pull the one I care about aside and talk to them privately. And again, then it's dropped.
And the rest of ya'll leave the llama alone. He's sensitive.....

~Amy