Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile Meditation for Sunday Second in Lent

Call: who is this so weak and helpless child of lowly Hebrew maid, rudely in a stable sheltered and coldly in a manger laid?

Response: It is the Lord of all creation who this wonderous path had trod. He is GOD from everlasting, and to everlasting GOD

Call: Who is this man of Sorrows, walking sadly lifes hard way, homless, weary, sighing, weeping, over sin and Satans sway?

Response It is Our GOD, our glorious Saviour, who above the starry sky now for us a place prepareth when no tear can dim the eye

Call: Who is this, Behold him raining drops of blood upon the ground. Who is this despised, rejected, mocked, insulted, beaten, bound?

Response: It is Our GOD whose gifts and graces on his Church now poureth down, who shall smite in Holy Vengeance all his foes beneath his throne.

Call: Who is this that hangeth dying with the thieves on either side. Nails his hands and feet are tearing and the spear hath pierced his side?

Response: It is The GOD who ever liveth amid the shining ones on high, in the glorious golden city reigning everlastingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxFf1vbG-H4

The world, the flesh, and Satan dwell around the path I tred
O save me from the snares of Hell, thou quickener of the dead
And if I tempted am to sin, and outward things are strong
do thou, O Lord, keep watch within and save my soul from wrong

GOD of the Covernant your presence fills us with awe, your word gives us unshakeable hope, fix in our hearts the image of your Son in glory that sustained on the path of discipleship we may pass over to newness of life. Grant this through Christ, our deliverance and hope, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, Holy and Mighty GOD for ever

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believers ear
it soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
and drives away his fears
it makes the wounded Spirit whole
and calms the troubled breast
its manna to the hungry soul
and to the weary rest
weak is the effort of my heart
and cold my warmest thought
but when I see thee as thou art
i'll praise thee as I ought
Jesus my Shepheard, brother, friend
my Prophet, Priest and King
my Lord, my Life, my Way, my End
accept the praise I bring

Almighty GOD, you see that we have no power of ourselves to help ourselves, keep us both outwardly in our bodies and inwardly in our souls, that we may be defended from all adversities which may happen to the body, and from all evil thoughts which may assult and hurt the soul. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord