Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-20-2010, 04:12 PM
annamal

Default Anointing of the Holy Spirit? Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIPF_PmHuQ

What is this? Manifestation of the Holy Spirit? Mass hysteria? What is going on in these people? What is he doing to these kids? Why is everyone falling? Surely this isn't of God?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Its a practise known as "Slain in the Spirit" Its practised by a lot of pentecostal churches. what you are supposed to be seeing is what is known as being "overshadowed" by the Spirit.

Now I dont like this, I witnessed it once in Bradford at Church of the Harvest. What I saw frightened me....and I eventually had to leave the church. I do not say all of this is wrong...I just believe that its probably as true about as often as a Medium is true and not just a fake...generally I see it as an excuse for mass hysteria...but thats my personal opinion.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Chris F

Benny Hinn is a charlatan who makes merchandise of God and has a place in hell for his demonic false teachings. That being said slain in the spirit is a legitimate manifestation of God. It is not something to fear. It is more like being so moved by Gods presence you simply cannot and do not want to stand. Some are so worried about what it looks like that sadly they never enjoys God's presence. We call the the Frozen Chosen. In John the simple proclamation of Christ as God caused the guards to fall as if dead. What you see in some churches like this Benny Hinn and people like Todd Bentley and such bark like dogs and roll around howling. That is not in away a move of God. God is never the author of confusion or irreverence.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:37 AM
annamal

So if he's not of God, which I would definitely believe, what's going on with these people? The power of suggestion or the power of satan? I could understand some people faking it, but it just seems like something more powerful is going on. I don't explain myself very well. Do you think the devil is causing these people to react like that?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:20 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamal View Post
So if he's not of God, which I would definitely believe, what's going on with these people? The power of suggestion or the power of satan? I could understand some people faking it, but it just seems like something more powerful is going on. I don't explain myself very well. Do you think the devil is causing these people to react like that?
That is pretty much it.