Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

View Poll Results: Are you intimidated by Tyburn (not physically lol)
yes actually 0 0%
No not really 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default Do you find me intimidating?

Obviously I dont mean Physically

I mean....are you fearful of talking to me because you think that if I feel you are wrong, I might dare to tell you so, publically, if needs be?

Do you fear that I might betray confidences, or think lightly of my loyalties?

Do you think I am simply an extremely judgemental person who has no ability for compassion, who is not worthy of your trust?

Do you say to yourself "He is one to avoid!"

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

This is one of your finest passive-aggressive threads ever.. The answer.
NO..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
This is one of your finest passive-aggressive threads ever.. The answer.
NO..
Im not doing this for the reason you think I am...I'm working on a theory of symbolic interactionalism, that says that you only know who you are from feedback with others...

Now I know what I am...but I want to see if everyone else aggrees with me. If they do not aggree with me, the theory is bollox, coz in order for the theory to work, my basis of who I am, is completely dependent, on the interaction.

If everyone agrees with me...then it must be correct I suppose...and maybe what I think of myself is not governed by myself...but others...which would be really bizzare

its Erving Goffman if you want to look him up and its come about through a conversation with someone I had about symbolic interactionalism on facebook...So this forum is just one of many outlets

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Im not doing this for the reason you think I am...I'm working on a theory of symbolic interactionalism, that says that you only know who you are from feedback with others...

Now I know what I am...but I want to see if everyone else aggrees with me. If they do not aggree with me, the theory is bollox, coz in order for the theory to work, my basis of who I am, is completely dependent, on the interaction.

If everyone agrees with me...then it must be correct I suppose...and maybe what I think of myself is not governed by myself...but others...which would be really bizzare

its Erving Goffman if you want to look him up and its come about through a conversation with someone I had about symbolic interactionalism on facebook...So this forum is just one of many outlets

Well I don't find you intimidating. I think we have had quarrels over Bj Penn and a few other things. So in essence I have gone against you publicly several times. Hope that helps?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Well I don't find you intimidating. I think we have had quarrels over Bj Penn and a few other things. So in essence I have gone against you publicly several times. Hope that helps?
Unfortunately...I've just thought...those who DO find me intimidating wont respond will they...for obvious reasons

So..if I did find my self intimidating, and found everyone who responds said no...I might still be a product of everyone else, and the theory may still hold true...just because they dont reply, doesnt mean they dont exist...and if five reply, and fifty dont...then more would think Yes...

...this is impossible...either way I cant proove or disproove the theory like this...i'd have to ask EVERYONE individually...and frankly...I cant be arsed

I always post first and think second. Nevermind...lets just hope noone else notices
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Unfortunately...I've just thought...those who DO find me intimidating wont respond will they...for obvious reasons

So..if I did find my self intimidating, and found everyone who responds said no...I might still be a product of everyone else, and the theory may still hold true...just because they dont reply, doesnt mean they dont exist...and if five reply, and fifty dont...then more would think Yes...

...this is impossible...either way I cant proove or disproove the theory like this...i'd have to ask EVERYONE individually...and frankly...I cant be arsed

I always post first and think second. Nevermind...lets just hope noone else notices
Dave!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:27 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,794
Default

I'm dying laughing and what does your shirt say by the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
This is one of your finest passive-aggressive threads ever.. The answer.
NO..
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:47 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

No, not intimidating.




Long-winded & stubborn, yes, but not intimidating.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
No, not intimidating.




Long-winded & stubborn, yes, but not intimidating.

well said
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Im sure you didn't want me to answer. lol

Last edited by Neezar; 09-04-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.