Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
medic92

Default Question about the Cubs...

Are the Cubs going to start out great and then collapse down the stretch, start out ok, hit their peak during mid season and then collapse down the stretch, or just start out dismally and then put together a great late season comeback that's just a little too late to make the playoffs?

I always wonder how they're going to disappoint their fans each season. You always know they're going to collapse, you're just never sure exactly how it's going to happen from year to year.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Chuck

What are the Cubs???

Is that like the Pee Wee version of the Chicago Bears????
Old 03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
What are the Cubs???
They're a triple-A baseball team that somehow manages to get scheduled in the major leagues.

Quote:
Is that like the Pee Wee version of the Chicago Bears????
I'm not sure. Did the Bears have a team last year?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Are the Cubs going to start out great and then collapse down the stretch, start out ok, hit their peak during mid season and then collapse down the stretch, or just start out dismally and then put together a great late season comeback that's just a little too late to make the playoffs?

I always wonder how they're going to disappoint their fans each season. You always know they're going to collapse, you're just never sure exactly how it's going to happen from year to year.
I'd say start average, get really hot around june or july, and stay warm throughout the season leading into the postseason, this is opposite of the cardinals who will start dismal, get slightly below average, and stay there until they finish in 4th place
Old 03-24-2009, 11:02 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I'd say start average, get really hot around june or july, and stay warm throughout the season leading into the postseason, this is opposite of the cardinals who will start dismal, get slightly below average, and stay there until they finish in 4th place
4th place for the Cards? I thought there were more than four teams in the division. Are there a couple of teams not playing this year?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 AM
rearnakedchoke

I thought you were going to ask why they suck so bad ...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 AM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I thought you were going to ask why they suck so bad ...
I never cared about the "why", that's a given. The "how" is what interests me.

I actually have no interest whatsoever in baseball. My sister is a huge Cubs fan so I like tweaking her and any other poor sucker who continues to root for them. Personally I think there has to be some sort of mental illness that makes people like the Cubs. Hopefully scientists are looking for it and can find a cure.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Seriously? Hah! The Reds won't be good for another couple of years and God knows the 'stros and Pirates aren't doing anything.

IF the Cardinals can get 50 combined starts from The Wagonmaker and Carpenter, they'll make the postseason.