Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Site Ideas

Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 PM
medic92

Default Time to start a politics forum?

It seems that politics enter into the Woodshed on a fairly regular basis. What about starting a separate forum just for politics so those who aren't interested won't have to wade through the rest of us putting the liberals in their place?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Moose

Cosigned. Trust me, if there's a politics forum around here, I'll avoid it at all costs.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
County Mike

I'll avoid political and religious debates. Nobody ever changes their mind and sooner or later, feelings get hurt.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I'll avoid political and religious debates. Nobody ever changes their mind and sooner or later, feelings get hurt.
While I think it's rare that any political belief is changed, it does happen. I've changed my stances based on forum debates and I have one vivid memory of a gentleman whose username was PTBAL (proud to be a liberal) who did a complete 180 and became one of the most adamant conservatives on my forum at the time.

It does happen.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
While I think it's rare that any political belief is changed, it does happen. I've changed my stances based on forum debates and I have one vivid memory of a gentleman whose username was PTBAL (proud to be a liberal) who did a complete 180 and became one of the most adamant conservatives on my forum at the time.

It does happen.
Not to mention there have been people who have became Christians as a direct result of this forum.

Like you said... it does happen.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
logrus

Why dont we just call it the itch / cryfest because lets face it, thats all thats going in there.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Not to mention there have been people who have became Christians as a direct result of this forum.

Like you said... it does happen.

<-- Raises Hand

God definately visits this forum (figuratively speaking lol) Some just have not read his posts yet =P
Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
It seems that politics enter into the Woodshed on a fairly regular basis. What about starting a separate forum just for politics so those who aren't interested won't have to wade through the rest of us putting the liberals in their place?
That would be too political ...
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Strictly on a basis of logic, I think it would make sense. We have the Christianity section so why not politics. We definitely get enough regular threads about politics to warrant it.
Nate, what does Matt (and you of course)think about this?

[
Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Strictly on a basis of logic, I think it would make sense. We have the Christianity section so why not politics. We definitely get enough regular threads about politics to warrant it.
Nate, what does Matt (and you of course)think about this?
I think you can only have so many sections on the forum. I think anyway. So to have a politics section I believe we would have to get rid of a section we already have.

My fear is a politics section would turn into a "no holds barred" area that would probably be difficult to moderate.

But what do I know?