Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Waiting for June 6th

Default Gina Carano gives her thoughts on Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey Strikeforce Title bout

From MMATorch.com:

Quote:
In 2008 and 2009, Gina Carano skyrocketed to fame as the first face of women's mixed martial arts. Her wins on CBS over Kaitlin Young and Kelly Kobold captured the attention of millions, and led to her historic headlining fight with Cris "Cyborg" Santos on Showtime in August of 2009.

Fast forward almost three years, and Strikeforce has another big women's fight headlining a card on March 3. It's not as big as Carano-Santos, but the Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey bout has gotten more attention from MMA fans than perhaps any other women's fight since then.

"I would love to [come out to the fight]," Carano said this week in an interview with MMAWeekly.com. "The only reason I haven't gone to a bunch of the women's fights, cause I absolutely love them, but I don't want to show up and people are like ‘Gina's trying to show up to steal attention' or trying to challenge anybody. They usually put the camera on me and that's their moment.

"So I