Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Super Bowl Xliii

I am making my first post on the new boards the SUPER BOWL thread!

So lets continue the discussion!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 PM
internationalharvester

Steelers roll, D scores more than the cards O, end of story lol
Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

This has all the making of a great game. The Steelers have the best defense in the league, but the Cardinals have arguably the best offense in the league. I have not been this excited in a while.

I just don't think Pittsburgh will be able to shut down both Fitzgerald and Boldin. Besides that, Warner just has too many options. Like Hughes_GOAT said in the other thread, if Phillip Rivers can pass for 300 yards on the Steelers, what do you think Kurt Warner is gonna do?

I am hoping and praying, and I have faith that Kurt Warner will be bringing that trophy back to the desert!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Hughes_GOAT

not even sweating it. only thing to maybe worry about is the Cardinals might have their 2 starting DE's out. other than that, it should go a lot like the last time they played. Roethlisberger getting picked twice and sacked 4 times and Cardinals winning.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes_goat
not even sweating it. only thing to maybe worry about is the Cardinals might have their 2 starting DE's out. other than that, it should go a lot like the last time they played. Roethlisberger getting picked twice and sacked 4 times and Cardinals winning.
they still only won by 7 pts and that was LAST SEASON.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
they still only won by 7 pts and that was LAST SEASON.
7 points is a ton in pro football. any point spread over 7 is crazy and you should take the under. the Cardinals won with freaking Leinart driving them down the field
Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Steelers by 14.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Hughes_GOAT

14? wow....that's an insane point spread. i think only the Pats had a 14 point-point spread like that in last year's SB. the Steelers are currenty at 7 right now.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 AM
rearnakedchoke

Man, Denis Green should get a lot of credit for putting this team together ... but it happens all the time ... i think the steelers might pull this off, but when warner is in doubt, throw the ball in the air and fitz will come down with it ... that guy is unbelievable
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Like Hughes_GOAT said in the other thread, if Phillip Rivers can pass for 300 yards on the Steelers, what do you think Kurt Warner is gonna do?
It was really only 3 drives in which SD was really able to move the ball. The first drive of the game and then 2 more in the 4th when the Steelers were up 28-10. Warner does not do well when he gets hit and the Steelers will hit him. In the end the Steelers will win and the Cards dream season will end.