Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Chris F

Default Monte Cox talks rather ill of Matt

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cage_ju...ith-bob-carson

In this, the last Carson's Corner of 2012, Bob hosts MMA's first "supermanager" Monte Cox to discuss everything from the Travis Fulton vs. Jeremy Bullock slam at Extreme Challenge to Tim Sylvia vs. Ray Mercer and his own statements that Matt Hughes is "not a compassionate person" based on their time spent living and working together.

Did Hughes accurately represent himself in his occasionally disturbing biography? What did promoter Monte think when it appeared Fulton had nearly KILLED Bullock with a slam? What about Adrenaline MMA, criticism from Zach Arnold's "Fight Opinion" site and Mercer's KO of Sylvia? Was Tim really turned down as an opponent by Fedor's management when they were negotiating with the UFC as Dave Meltzer stated? And who did he pick to win Overeem vs. Lesnar at UFC 141, anyway?

Monte Cox goes head-to-head with Carson once again in another information-heavy interview, but that's not all - Bob also found time before 2011 ended to discuss the fight career of Strikeforce's Joe Ray with the man himself, breaking down his recent setbacks, successful reboot fight and plans for the near future. Make sure that you start the new year off the right way by clicking the link to check out the latest CARSON'S CORNER!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cage_ju...ith-bob-carson

In this, the last Carson's Corner of 2012, Bob hosts MMA's first "supermanager" Monte Cox to discuss everything from the Travis Fulton vs. Jeremy Bullock slam at Extreme Challenge to Tim Sylvia vs. Ray Mercer and his own statements that Matt Hughes is "not a compassionate person" based on their time spent living and working together.

Did Hughes accurately represent himself in his occasionally disturbing biography? What did promoter Monte think when it appeared Fulton had nearly KILLED Bullock with a slam? What about Adrenaline MMA, criticism from Zach Arnold's "Fight Opinion" site and Mercer's KO of Sylvia? Was Tim really turned down as an opponent by Fedor's management when they were negotiating with the UFC as Dave Meltzer stated? And who did he pick to win Overeem vs. Lesnar at UFC 141, anyway?

Monte Cox goes head-to-head with Carson once again in another information-heavy interview, but that's not all - Bob also found time before 2011 ended to discuss the fight career of Strikeforce's Joe Ray with the man himself, breaking down his recent setbacks, successful reboot fight and plans for the near future. Make sure that you start the new year off the right way by clicking the link to check out the latest CARSON'S CORNER!
The discussion about Matt is at the end, like the 113:00 mark.

All Monte said was that Matt had two strikes against him when it comes to compassion, he is a wrestler and he is a farmer. He said that most wrestlers are mean when compared to other athletes. He also sees farmers as mean or ornery. He stated that Matt does some great things for people, but also he will voice his opinion or ignore you if he doesn't like you. The lack of compassion was referring to the farming and wrestling lifestyles. He has no ill feelings towards Matt and they are still friends.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM

In Denver they were catching up and telling old stories. I got the sense that they were great pals and it would be impossible for an MMA article or our own insight to make any comment on the relationship of these guys.

[
Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Administrator

i wasn't a christian and i was trying my luck at fighting. i think that was a pretty safe thing to say. i was all about damage back then.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hughes View Post
i wasn't a christian and i was trying my luck at fighting. i think that was a pretty safe thing to say. i was all about damage back then.
Sounds pretty definitive to me!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Well .. now you can just do damage and I'll start an MMA line called "Jesus Heals" and Sponsor you. win win

I like the blogger style with Enquireresk tag lines.

Is matt hughes actually a triplet with the third living in the barn?

Can he bench 800lbs !!

Is Dana White from Mars sent here to rule the world ...

Enquiring minds want to know.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!

Last edited by Boomer; 01-03-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Well .. now you can just do damage and I'll start an MMA line called "Jesus Heals" and Sponsor you. win win
Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
i was all about damage back then.
I don't know what that means. Thanks for giving the relevent time of the interview, Kevin.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Thanks Matt for Chiming in. I figured since he was talking about when you were living there that was B.C. Plus the idea of compassion is a tough thing to put in a box. People say I have no compassion either but most of them never got to know me.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
County Mike

Compassion is for sissies anyway. You know, Democrats and such.