Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default RAM TALE - Fight Night Louisa

Heading out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOwHO...e_gdata_player
Old 09-17-2011, 11:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Just pulled up, but the vid's from while we were still cruising: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfyYnQzuyk
Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 AM

Good stuff! Give our love to Boomtown! Keep the vids coming!

[
Old 09-18-2011, 12:32 AM

Yes, good stuff! I thought the Louisa fights were last night (hence my comment on the FN25 spoilers thread). I LOVED what you said about splattering some blood on Josh!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-18-2011, 01:00 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Man, these have been some great fights! First wa Ethan Gunter vs. Sanders Bayer (160lbs MMA bout). Sanders caught Ethan with a low blow, but after a pause they came back out swinging & blasted Gunter for a 1st rnd KO.

Next up was a Muay Thai fight, Nate Miller vs. Lee Starke. Lee came out looking very active & wanting to brawl, but Mate was Mich more composed & technical. He controlled a fairly even 1st rnd, but turned it up in the 2nd for a TKO. After he put him down, the Ted had to wall h back to the corner & talk to him for a bit, but Miller had jacked Lee so hard that he was still rolling on the canvas when te red finally made it around for the 10-count.

3rd fight was Brad Herrick vs. Paul Diggs in an MMA fight. Brad was 0-4 & Paul is an MMAI fighter (Boomer's gym). Paul landed a really nice leg kick, but then seemed eager to get the fight to the ground, but Brad defended really well, eventually getting a takedown of his own & landing some GnP. Pay did a great job reversing into Brad's guard, but as he tried to throw punches of his own, Brad slipped it & locked in an arm triangle for the night's first submission.

4th fight was a heavyweight MMA fight between Chris Lewis & Lamonte Tyler. Chris came in 3-6 & left 3-7, tapping to strikes in the first.

5th fight was "Sweaty" Eddie Payne vs. Jake "Porker" Chamberlain, another MMAI fighter. Jake easily won the battle of walkout music, jamming his way to the cage to Run & Tell That!! Fight ended in the first due to Doctor's stoppage, with Jake once again coming out on top.

The 6th fight (and last before intermission) was Nicker Weaver vs. Winslow Well. Quick fight with a slightly controversial stoppage. Winslow landed a big right that stunned Nick, then a second that sent Weaver crashing to the ground, causing the ref to jump in. Unfortunately, Nick popped back up, causing a lot of crowd to boo the ref. I absolutely agree with his decision, though: he saw a fight fold to the canvas & did his job to protect him.

First half of the card has been amazing, the longest fight only making it to the second round. Boomer did a heck of a job finding all these guys!!
Old 09-18-2011, 01:14 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Part 3 of the Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os_MeZKHA20

Also, Boomer tells me that apparently one of the fighters on tonight's card has been lurking here for almost as long as I've been posting! I hope I haven't inadvertently rooted against a fellow forumite without realizing it!!

Last edited by VCURamFan; 09-18-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Just spoke to Boomer & it turns out that our representative was Nick Weaver, the guy who lost when the Ted jumped in. I hereby officially reverse my previous opinion: THAT STOPPAGE WAS TOTAL BULL$H!T!!!!

Seriously though, Nick, my brother immediately asked me when you would get a rematch & I'd love to see that. Also, I'd love to hear your take on the event from a behind-the-scenes point of view. You've lurked long enough, sign up & let's hear from you!!!

Last edited by VCURamFan; 09-18-2011 at 06:48 AM.