Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: Should Jens Pulver be added to the UFC Hall of Fame
YES 14 53.85%
NO 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default My Birthday Wish: Letter to UFC about Jens Pulver and The HOF

I've made this a poll...but please, wipe your mind clear of me and my association, listen purely to the letter, and THEN vote.

I sent this to the President, to the VP, and also to the Owners of the insitution. They should by now have all received their copies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh09UKQup4o
Old 03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I can't watch videos at work. Could you post the body of the letter here for us to read?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

He should be in the HoF.. If only for the reason that he was the first.. LW champion in the UFC... There are a few other reasons.. but he was the first champ.. and should he go and lose 14 out of his next 15 fights... nothing changes that.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Hughes fanboy

I voted no.

not

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
He should be in the HoF.. If only for the reason that he was the first.. LW champion in the UFC... There are a few other reasons.. but he was the first champ.. and should he go and lose 14 out of his next 15 fights... nothing changes that.
Should Frank Shamrock get the same treatment?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I saw no.. because while he was the first to win the LHW title... (LHW????).. he has publicly put down the UFC.. and the management...

and his hypocrisy in his actions are really a bad "ambassador" for the sport...
Old 03-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I saw no.. because while he was the first to win the LHW title... (LHW????).. he has publicly put down the UFC.. and the management...

Agreed I really dislike his stupid Anti-UFC rants
Old 03-11-2011, 04:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Ken Shamrock and Randy Couture have had it out with the UFC brass too. I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here but, I would say that Tito Ortiz is worthy of HOF status in the UFC, and he's had it out with Dana more than anybody. Plenty of HOF members of other sports leagues have also done and said questionable things, but it doesn't change their accomplishments.

Nothing against Pulver at all, but if an argument for Jens can be made with an MMA record of 23-14 with only 8 fights in the UFC, so can one for Frank at 23-10 with 5 fights in the UFC. Especially if the bulk of the argument is based on being the first to win a specific title.

Honestly, I say they both should be recognized, however neither one really measures up to the level of Matt, Chuck, or Randy who are truly deserving of the status on all accounts.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
MMA hall of fame, absolutely, UFC hall of fame, no. He did some really cool stuff in the UFC, but he did not stay long and did most of his work in other orgs.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
MMA hall of fame, absolutely, UFC hall of fame, no. He did some really cool stuff in the UFC, but he did not stay long and did most of his work in other orgs.
There is no such thing as an MMA Hall of Fame though. Besides...that would be too vast I think.

I still say his power of the mob, and his ability to have pioneered three weight classes, and get them all from unrecognised, to the full UFC in a decade...warrents his inclusion.

Look at it this way...Removing all things Pulver, would have made WEC vanish when the heavies in it were disbanded, and it would cause three divisions of the UFC to vanish into thin air...that quite likely could have been the scenario if Jens Pulver hadnt almost single handedly championed their cause for about five years before they became really popular.

He's much more then the first lightweight champion...he's kinda responsible for the sports acceptance of EVERYTHING below 170lbs. You could argue that the Orient developed slightly differently...and he would feature, but only alongside Kid Yamamoto in areas like shooto, rings, and pride...but thankfully, we CAN ignore that for the purposes of an appeal to the UFC