Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Now THIS makes MUCH more sense!!!

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/8/198...anderson-silva

Quote:
"Now I'm focused on Jon Jones. It's a sin to speak about my next fight when I'm thinking about a man like Jon Jones. So I'm focused on him, but I already answered. It's obvious I'd fight Anderson. I respect him as a friend and professional, but I also am a professional. Yes, I'd fight him."
-- Maybe that fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 wasn't the biggest Brazilian brawl after all. UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua tells Tatame (video interview in Portuguese) that he would throwdown with his fellow countryman if their paths ever crossed inside the Octagon. Shogun currently has his hands very full, however, taking on 205-pound phenom Jon Jones in the UFC 128 main even next month in New Jersey. And even though he's the current division champion, as well as holds remarkably more experience against stiffer competition, the early oddsmakers favor "Bones" to usurp the light heavyweight champion's 205-pound crown. Silva, meanwhile, is patiently waiting to see if Georges St. Pierre can dispatch of Jake Shields at UFC 129 in Toronto on April 30. If "Rush" wins, he'll likely move up to middleweight and battle Silva in a legacy-building superfight. Shogun vs. Silva, therefore, is a long shot to happen anytime soon. But it must be nice for Dana White and Co. to have so many fantastic fights at their fingertips. Yushin who?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/8/198...anderson-silva

-- Maybe that fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 wasn't the biggest Brazilian brawl after all. UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua tells Tatame (video interview in Portuguese) that he would throwdown with his fellow countryman if their paths ever crossed inside the Octagon. Shogun currently has his hands very full, however, taking on 205-pound phenom Jon Jones in the UFC 128 main even next month in New Jersey. And even though he's the current division champion, as well as holds remarkably more experience against stiffer competition, the early oddsmakers favor "Bones" to usurp the light heavyweight champion's 205-pound crown. Silva, meanwhile, is patiently waiting to see if Georges St. Pierre can dispatch of Jake Shields at UFC 129 in Toronto on April 30. If "Rush" wins, he'll likely move up to middleweight and battle Silva in a legacy-building superfight. Shogun vs. Silva, therefore, is a long shot to happen anytime soon. But it must be nice for Dana White and Co. to have so many fantastic fights at their fingertips. Yushin who?
LOL agreed!!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:07 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

He's smart not to over look the fight he's already sighned for!