Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default When is somthing ...

like a thread...locked.. and unlocked.. so that a person can insult me.. and then locked again.. so I can not respond?

Amy locked a thread.. and she has never (publicly) taken any side.... so no fault there..

Quote:
Thank you Amy. For obvious reasons I couldnt lock it myself without setting of Spiritwalkers paranoia that I am out to get him
Where have I ever posted that you were out to get me? Show me.

You couldn't "get me" if you tried..

All you try to do is get a last word in, so you can claim some type of victory.

Sorry .. for me.. to have a disagreement stopped is stopped.. not stopped and then one side get's to throw another verbal insult and walk away...
Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Rev

That was kind of a crappy thing to do.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Chris F

If they insulted you NateR usually good about removing the insult are allowing you a rebuttal. So PM NateR. Also PM the person you felt insulted you since your comment is probably for them alone. If they have you blocked than they are not woth your time any how.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't privately taken sides either. I locked a thread that was going no where. Dave is a mod and mods can post in any thread whether it is locked or not. I do not police mods. PM Nate your question/concern/issue.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I haven't privately taken sides either.

~Amy

Didn't mean to imply you had.. sorry my error/
Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

British argument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtde2g-938

"If we are going to have an argument then I'm going to win it."

Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Didn't mean to imply you had.. sorry my error/

I wasn't sure if that was the implication or not so I clarified my position. I don't close threads or intervene as a mod very often at all and I don't want anyone to ever think I am abusing my power.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Chuck

Not trying to stir the pot here but I do find 2 things interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
like a thread...locked.. and unlocked..
This question was never actually answered. I've asked it before and never really gotten an answer either.

Nobody is or really can question a Mod's authority on here and that's ok. This isn't a democracy and everyone on here understands and accepts that but sometimes it's hard to find any logic in why or how a thread gets locked. I've seen threads VERY heated and never get locked and I've seen threads that were fairly tame get locked. I've seen threads locked and unlocked by different MOD's and I've seen threads locked and MOD's continue to post to get their last word in (although not recently).

So if there is a standard out there it would probably help the members if we actually knew what it was. Compliance is a lot easier if you know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I locked a thread that was going no where.
But that certainly can't be the litmus test for locking a thread can it? Not only is it amazingly subjective but I have seen countless threads "go nowhere and never get locked. So how do you all decide?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
DonnaMaria

So........

"To lock or NOT to lock.............THAT is the question............."

sorry.......just being goofy.............

anyway..............

I think it can't help but be subjective. I don't know if there can be a hard fast rule when it comes to locking a thread. It has to be done on a case by case basis...........kind of like parenting. There are grey areas.

BUT I probably don't know what I'm talking about. ..........lol
Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Not trying to stir the pot here but I do find 2 things interesting....

This question was never actually answered. I've asked it before and never really gotten an answer either.

Nobody is or really can question a Mod's authority on here and that's ok. This isn't a democracy and everyone on here understands and accepts that but sometimes it's hard to find any logic in why or how a thread gets locked. I've seen threads VERY heated and never get locked and I've seen threads that were fairly tame get locked. I've seen threads locked and unlocked by different MOD's and I've seen threads locked and MOD's continue to post to get their last word in (although not recently).

So if there is a standard out there it would probably help the members if we actually knew what it was. Compliance is a lot easier if you know the rules.

But that certainly can't be the litmus test for locking a thread can it? Not only is it amazingly subjective but I have seen countless threads "go nowhere and never get locked. So how do you all decide?
I can't speak for the guys but for me, it's all about what day it is.