Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
BamaGrits84

Default UFC 126

First I would just like to say it was TOO kind of the UFC to plan this card just so I could have 3 fighter I like fighting on MY birthday. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Seeing Ryan shirtless is the best gift to see.

Ok enough of that. What do yall think of the Forrest / Rich and Bader /Jones matchups? I live Forrest and Rich so I don't favor one over the other. I think they are pretty well matched in the stand up if Forrest shows up at his best. I think this one has the potential to go to a decision. I wonder if Forrest will be aggressive? He is going to need to be if he plans on winning.

I hope to see Ryan pull off the win. I wonder if he can match Jones's speed. Jones was a wrestler too right? I see this ending in a KO.

And finally I think if Belfort can knock Silva out it will truly make this the greatest birthday ever. My friend has said for the past 2 years (or maybe more) if anyone can beat Silva is's Belfort. Hope he is right.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
First I would just like to say it was TOO kind of the UFC to plan this card just so I could have 3 fighter I like fighting on MY birthday. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Seeing Ryan shirtless is the best gift to see. .
For some reason I thought you were a guy...

Quote:
Ok enough of that. What do yall think of the Forrest / Rich and Bader /Jones matchups? I live Forrest and Rich so I don't favor one over the other. I think they are pretty well matched in the stand up if Forrest shows up at his best. I think this one has the potential to go to a decision. I wonder if Forrest will be aggressive? He is going to need to be if he plans on winning. .
Rich takes Forrest.. no big deal...

Bader is over rated.. IMO.. Jones byt a VERY painful TKO...

Quote:
I hope to see Ryan pull off the win. I wonder if he can match Jones's speed. Jones was a wrestler too right? I see this ending in a KO.

I see this as a TKO .. Bader is good.. real good.. but he is not the striker that Jones is...

Quote:

And finally I think if Belfort can knock Silva out it will truly make this the greatest birthday ever. My friend has said for the past 2 years (or maybe more) if anyone can beat Silva is's Belfort. Hope he is right.

Well.. Chael was beating the snot out of Andy.. til he got stupid.. and Lutter was doing well.. until the illegal elbows of Andy's (yes I know that they are legal... but that is another thread)..ended the fight...

I hope that Vitor beats Andy.. but I just don't know... but Vitor does have the tools to do it...

Should Vitor not win.. I would actually like to see Maia get another shot..
Old 01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
For some reason I thought you were a guy...
Grits = Girl raised in the south.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Grits = Girl raised in the south.
you know.. in remembering some of your past posts... a big Face Palm happened...

sorry about that babe... "It is babe, isn't it?"
Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
you know.. in remembering some of your past posts... a big Face Palm happened...

sorry about that babe... "It is babe, isn't it?"
Ok you've given me a complex. Now I wonder who else on here things I'm a man. And I don't have any pictures on myself on my work computer. Let me find a girlie graphic to use on my avatar...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Ok you've given me a complex. Now I wonder who else on here things I'm a man. And I don't have any pictures on myself on my work computer. Let me find a girlie graphic to use on my avatar...
ah... my diabolical plan is working!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 PM

I love this card with the exception of the main event which i see as a one sided beating.

Bader vs Jones
I like both of this fighters but I think Baders conditioning will be a big factor in this fight he tends to gas out very quick. If Bader lands those powerful bombs i think he can put Johnny Bones to sleep. We haven't really seen Jones take a punch or any damage so far. I would really like to see Bader knock him out. I think Jones is getting caught up on hes hype train I don't really like his cockiness He is a great fighter don't get me wrong but I don't think he has proven himself yet.

Silva vs Belfort
I see Anderson vs Maia 2 right here. Belfort hasn't fought in what 10 years???
I think Silva is going to put a beating on him I hope he does because the only one that is going to beat Silva will be Sonnen when he comes back. Cause he will be back J.B. !!! Silva's days are numbered

Griffin vs Franklin

Awwwww I cant wait for this fight!!! Both of this fighters are on my Favorites list with Forrest being number 1 and Franklin on the top 5.
I love both of this fighters but I really hope Forrest can put him away and Choke out Shogun again for the title.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
First I would just like to say it was TOO kind of the UFC to plan this card just so I could have 3 fighter I like fighting on MY birthday. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Seeing Ryan shirtless is the best gift to see.

Ok enough of that. What do yall think of the Forrest / Rich and Bader /Jones matchups? I live Forrest and Rich so I don't favor one over the other. I think they are pretty well matched in the stand up if Forrest shows up at his best. I think this one has the potential to go to a decision. I wonder if Forrest will be aggressive? He is going to need to be if he plans on winning.

When is your birthday?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Bader, Silva, Franklin... Kelly..<3 Those are the only fights I care about..
Old 01-18-2011, 05:19 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
When is your birthday?
Feb 5th