Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking Published Letters in Fighters Only

People will probably know that Fighters Only Magazine is regarded as the top Magazine for Mixed Martial Arts in England, it was founded by Ian Freeman, but is now managed and Edited by my Favourite Journalist, Mr Hywel Teague... I have issues Eight through Thirty Two unbroken. I picked up again from Thirty Six to the present day Forty Eight Issue.

The reason I'm missing a few is coz I wasnt quick on the re-subscription

Anyway, the Magazine went through a revolution in between Issue Twenty One and Twenty Two...and shortly thereafter I began to take more notice. I began to write to the Editor on the reception of every Issue from Thirty Six when I decided to Re-Subscribe....my Letter was first published in Issue Forty Two when I won Letter of the Month Award

I was published again in Issue Forty Four

and I just discovered I was published yesterday in Issue Forty Eight

I have two goals for this year. My First is to be introduced to Hywel Teague in person. This is possible as he attended Cage Gladiator Events periodically, and I attend them...continually

My second Goal is bloody ambitious if I do say so myself....by the end of this year I want to have my own Artical published in that Magazine

until then I'll keep writing feedback letters
Old 03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Kelly Crigger is one of the authors you have in your post!! I am going to keep more of an eye out for his name in Fight magazine and other MMA sites. He's great. He's the guy who drove us to Walter Reed Hospital, Dave. Did you know that?

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Kelly Crigger is one of the authors you have in your post!! I am going to keep more of an eye out for his name in Fight magazine and other MMA sites. He's great. He's the guy who drove us to Walter Reed Hospital, Dave. Did you know that?

~Amy
No, & you certainly never mentioned how cute you think he is.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
No, & you certainly never mentioned how cute you think he is.

Well I'd never do anything that unprofessional.

Dave better not start picking on my favorite Army man or I'll kick his a$$.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Well I'd never do anything that unprofessional.

Dave better not start picking on my favorite Army man or I'll kick his a$$.

~Amy
I believe it!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

~Amy
its a small world isnt it. He wrote as a guest author. What you have to remember is that the above is an edited version of my full letter. His artical wasnt to bad...but he made a silly parallel...he said words to the effect of the UFC doesnt need the WAMMA, and until the WAMMA has the UFC its a hollow institution. I aggree entirely. But then he said that it was like America and the UN...well thats just untrue. American CREATED the UN in part...the UFC did not create WAMMA...America despite what popular opinion is in the US is still involved in the UN...The UFC and WAMMA dont even speak to each other so ive heard.

I expressed all of that by I have no control over what bits they publish...its usually the most dramatic bit I write...so I'm not picking on him...but his anaology was well off...and he was writing for an English Audience which would have seen right through his attempts at saying America needs the UN as little as the UFC need WAMMA

You say he's cute? I didnt get to see his picture
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
its a small world isnt it. He wrote as a guest author. What you have to remember is that the above is an edited version of my full letter. His artical wasnt to bad...but he made a silly parallel...he said words to the effect of the UFC doesnt need the WAMMA, and until the WAMMA has the UFC its a hollow institution. I aggree entirely. But then he said that it was like America and the UN...well thats just untrue. American CREATED the UN in part...the UFC did not create WAMMA...America despite what popular opinion is in the US is still involved in the UN...The UFC and WAMMA dont even speak to each other so ive heard.

I expressed all of that by I have no control over what bits they publish...its usually the most dramatic bit I write...so I'm not picking on him...but his anaology was well off...and he was writing for an English Audience which would have seen right through his attempts at saying America needs the UN as little as the UFC need WAMMA

He's a happily married man, we talked about his kids and everything. But yes, he is cute. He writes for several things including Fight magazine. He also wrote a book. I haven't read it yet but I plan to order it soon. I posted a link to a picture of him in the thread in the woodshed about a cool military website. Bonnie wanted to see what he looked like. He was very nice, very professional.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
He's a happily married man, we talked about his kids and everything. But yes, he is cute. He writes for several things including Fight magazine. He also wrote a book. I haven't read it yet but I plan to order it soon. I posted a link to a picture of him in the thread in the woodshed about a cool military website. Bonnie wanted to see what he looked like. He was very nice, very professional.

~Amy
really. I got one copy of fight magazine...but I wasnt to impressed with the quality of their stuff...it was like Fighters Only PRE Issue Twenty Three...just lots of bits...and when I wrote to tell them they had Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler still down as being at MFS they just sent back a pretty standard "thanks for letting us know" letter...I wasnt able to get a foot in the doorway.

Say...If I see him writing in FO again, I'll scan his artical for you to read (not sure you can get FO in the US...and it would only be his artical not the whole Magazine...

I shall go take a look at your thread...dont think ive seen that one
Old 03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
really. I got one copy of fight magazine...but I wasnt to impressed with the quality of their stuff...it was like Fighters Only PRE Issue Twenty Three...just lots of bits...and when I wrote to tell them they had Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler still down as being at MFS they just sent back a pretty standard "thanks for letting us know" letter...I wasnt able to get a foot in the doorway.

Say...If I see him writing in FO again, I'll scan his artical for you to read (not sure you can get FO in the US...and it would only be his artical not the whole Magazine...

I shall go take a look at your thread...dont think ive seen that one

Cool. Fight magazine has Mayhem writing some articles for it. They are hilarious. It isn't as good as say Texas Monthly, but for an MMA mag it's my fave.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Allons-y

Quote:

Ummmm...it's a great analogy. The UN likes to pose & posture & talk about have they have power, but the only time their decrees have any umph is when the US enforces them. If the US said "You know what, this is stupid, we're out!", then the UN would take the moral high ground & blow & bluster, but eventually fall apart.

Similary, WAMMA is pointless with the UFC. They can blow & bluster about MMA needing a governing body (which I completely agree with), but without the UFC, it'll all fall apart soon, especiallyif Fedor somehow ends up in the UFC.