Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Rochambeau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default NHL games.

Whether it be the EA series or the 2K series, I think that they're both a lot of fun. Sadly, NHL 2K11 has only been released on the Wii and App store. The good thing about this now is that I won't have a hard time choosing between the EA game or the 2K game (though I could get the 2K game on the iphone).

One thing that I really like is the fighting and I think that EA do a better job with that. You can only have 3 fights per game and I usually have all 3 in the 1st period.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

the 2k series on the xbox and ps3 systems is garbage...They moved it exclusively to wii and apps because it couldn't keep up with EA...The EA NHL series has turned into the top of the line for sports gaming(More people play Madden, NHL wins more awards)

EA has come out with NHL Slapshot for the Wii, it comes with an actual wii-motion stick....I'd stay away from the 2k series at all costs....NHL 11 is amazing though, they have a brand new physics engine...Love it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
the 2k series on the xbox and ps3 systems is garbage...They moved it exclusively to wii and apps because it couldn't keep up with EA...The EA NHL series has turned into the top of the line for sports gaming(More people play Madden, NHL wins more awards)

EA has come out with NHL Slapshot for the Wii, it comes with an actual wii-motion stick....I'd stay away from the 2k series at all costs....NHL 11 is amazing though, they have a brand new physics engine...Love it
I like Madden way better than the NHL series, but that's just my opinion. Both games have been around since the late 80's early 90's, both share a lot of the same features, and both helped make EA as big as it is today. A lot of the GOTY awards are made out of thin air, so they don't mean all that much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Rochambeau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well, the EA NHL games do play fantastically and for somebody that may not follow either sport, I think it's more likely that they'll enjoy the NHL games more than the Madden games.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Well, the EA NHL games do play fantastically and for somebody that may not follow either sport, I think it's more likely that they'll enjoy the NHL games more than the Madden games.
You are right, and it's because NH: is very "pick up and play".

For somebody who knows nothing about the sport they can pick up NHL and the concept is simple; Keep moving around and shoot the little black dot into the goal.

Football is largely a game of strategy and understanding how to read schemes and Madden requires a lot of strategy that people unfamiliar with Football just don't understand.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are right, and it's because NH: is very "pick up and play".

For somebody who knows nothing about the sport they can pick up NHL and the concept is simple; Keep moving around and shoot the little black dot into the goal.

Football is largely a game of strategy and understanding how to read schemes and Madden requires a lot of strategy that people unfamiliar with Football just don't understand.
That's not the case at all...Sure you can just shoot everytime you get the puck, but I doubt you will get a goal...I mean I guess that's the strategy if your playing other people who have no idea how to play, but that can go for madden as well. Just throw long balls all game

but if you are playing good people, you have to know strategy and alot about the sport. The controls aren't very easy for a newbie either unless you are using the classic controls...The default controls are fantastic if you are familiar with the game, but its tricky if you are just starting out...Deking, evasive skating, pursuit, and passing plays(multiple passes to set up a scoring opportunity) are not things that a new player will be any good at. I've played friends who just have that "shoot the little black dot at the goal" approach. and I use actual game strategy and win 15-0...If I play someone who knows how to play, it could be 3-2.....The same can be said for madden...2 newbies playing each other could score 40 each, 1 newbie and 1 expert, the expert wins by 50...2 experts, it could be 10-7
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I like Madden way better than the NHL series, but that's just my opinion. Both games have been around since the late 80's early 90's, both share a lot of the same features, and both helped make EA as big as it is today. A lot of the GOTY awards are made out of thin air, so they don't mean all that much.
I like both games...But i only play madden against a friend...I'll play NHL from sunrise to sunset
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.